Not able to view custom stereo/spatial images in VisionOS 2

Hello,

I've been creating my own stereoscopic images on my laptop and airdropping them to the Vision Pro to view them in 3D.

My custom images have a left_eye.png and right_eye.png and have been combined into one HEIF image (as it is done natively with the headset)

In VisionOS 1.xx Photos app, I was able to see my custom images in 3D, but in VisionOS 2, the device no longer recognizes that my image(s) should also be shown stereoscopically and instead, it shows it in 2D.

I see that it gives me the option to use the AI tool to convert 2D into 3D, but the original file that I airdropped to myself (Mac --> AVP Photos Album) already has a left and right image pair.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 790411022

Hello! To create your own spatial photos from a stereo pair of images, check out the new Writing spatial photos sample code project. This sample shows how to create spatial photos with all of the expected spatial metadata for visionOS to detect and display the photo in stereo in the Photos app.

I also recommend checking out the Build compelling spatial photo and video experiences session and its related resources. This session covers all of the new documentation and APIs announced at WWDC for creating and presenting spatial photos and videos.

Accepted Answer

Hello! To create your own spatial photos from a stereo pair of images, check out the new Writing spatial photos sample code project. This sample shows how to create spatial photos with all of the expected spatial metadata for visionOS to detect and display the photo in stereo in the Photos app.

I also recommend checking out the Build compelling spatial photo and video experiences session and its related resources. This session covers all of the new documentation and APIs announced at WWDC for creating and presenting spatial photos and videos.

Not able to view custom stereo/spatial images in VisionOS 2

Q