iOS 18 Simulator poor performance

I installed Xcode 16 beta on Sonoma 14.5 and tried to run my app on the simulator, but it's practically impossible to use. It's extremely slow and unresponsive.

After doing some research, I noticed that launching any application causes the simulator to flood the system with logs. This triggers the diagnosticd process, which increases memory and CPU usage, worsening over time. The memory usage peaked at 10GB before I decided to close the simulator.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any solution for this?

Hi there. Thanks so much for reporting the problem and so sorry you’re hitting this. Can you please file a feedback issue for this via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com ? Please be sure to provide details on what your setup is, what Simulator you’re trying to use, what exactly you’re doing when you see this, and attach the output of xcrun simctl diagnose to the issue. Attaching all of this information to the feedback issue is really important so we don’t have to send this back for more info before we can start looking.

Do you know if you have any kind of anti-virus software running on your Mac or it’s a corporate image of some sort?

Oh and sorry, should have said, please paste the feedback number here so we can follow up on this problem.

Do you know if you have any kind of anti-virus software running on your Mac or it’s a corporate image of some sort?

Yes, it's a corporate machine running CrowdStrike, which is also showing high memory and CPU usage during the process. This coincides with the diagnosticd process, likely due to the large amount of logs being generated when running the simulator or the SwiftUI preview.

I am not running on a virtual machine. The mobilesafari app specifically is incredibly slow. It's slow enough that I cannot even open the search bar to enter a url without the simulator freezing. Just opening the mobile safari app on my simulator will spike the CPU load to maximum.

Same

iOS 18 Simulator poor performance

Q