Are several Proximity and Beacon related libraries methods and properties deprectaed and now unusable in iOS 18 beta?

Hi,

Please let me know iOS 18 beta have deprecated/ stopped support for which of the following:

1. proximityUUID
  2. CLBeaconRegion
    • (instancetype)initWithProximityUUID:(NSUUID *)proximityUUID identifier:(NSString *)identifier
    • (void)startRangingBeaconsInRegion:(CLBeaconRegion *)region
  3. -startRangingBeaconsSatisfyingConstraint: , is this also deprecated in iOS 18 beta, since: CLBeaconIdentityConstraint is deprecated right?
  4. CLBeaconIdentityCondition is not supported in XCode 15.3. What should I do for this? Should I install XCode 16 beta?
  5. locationManager:didRangeBeacons:satisfyingConstraint: can we use it in iOS 18 beta, since, CLBeaconIdentityConstraint is deprecated? what is alternative
  6. startMonitoring(for:) is also deprecated in iOS 18 beta right?

Also, can someone specify or create a documentation on how beaconing shall be monitored, ranged and locationManager delegate methods pertaining to beaconing to be used in iOS 18 beta?

CLBeaconRegion and its family of calls and definitions are soft deprecated, meaning they are still supported in iOS 17 and 18 although there is a new and improved replacement API for it.

You can still use the old API until comes an iOS version that no longer supports it. The new APIs cannot be used in versions earlier than when they have been announced at.

@DTS Engineer The delegate method :

locationManager(_ manager: CLLocationManager, didRangeBeacons beacons: [CLBeacon], in region: CLBeaconRegion) 

is giving no values in beacons for iOS 18 beta iPhone device in XCode 16 beta while the same code works and gives correct beacons on same peripheral and central devices in iOS 17. Has something changed in iOS 18 beta or is it iOS 18 beta bug related to beacons? @DTS Engineer

Are several Proximity and Beacon related libraries methods and properties deprectaed and now unusable in iOS 18 beta?

Q