Using MacBook Pro to Program in R

I am trying to learn how to program in R and would like to download a version of the program so that I can use it after my class is over and I lose access to my lab version of R. I went to https://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html and selected a link in my country and downloaded the arm64.pkg for the most current version, but when I click the installer it tells me that the version cannot be installed on 'this computer'. I have Sonoma 14.5, so I believe it should be able to download. I have the RStudio downloaded as well so I have something to view once I can get the R program up and running.

Does anyone know how to get the R program installed on a mac running on Sonoma 14.5?

You might have more luck asking this via the support channel for the third-party tools you’re using but…

I tried this here in my office and it worked for me. Specifically:

• I downloaded the R-4.4.1-arm64.pkg.

• I opened it on my main Mac, running 14.5, and the installer opened just fine.

• I navigated through the uninstaller UI until just before actually installing it, and didn’t see any problems. [I didn’t install it because I don’t want R on my main Mac.]

• I fired up a VM (running 14.2.1) and ran through the entire installation process there. That worked.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Using MacBook Pro to Program in R

Q