Is it possible to use App Attest to protect an app's CloudKit databases?

I'm a new developer who is looking to make my first app easier to manage on my end by staying in the Apple ecosystem. My ideal backend is just pure and simple CloudKit. This should help me cut down on costs and increase my security, or so I thought.

The more I looked into the issue of mobile app security --more specifically, preventing fraudulent access to backend APIs-- the more it seems like CloudKit is a disaster waiting to happen. While data in transit is encrypted and there's even end-to-end encryption for private DBs, securing an app's public DB in the presence of modified apps is a daunting, if not impossible task. My assumption is that a modified app cannot be trusted to make honest assertions about itself, the device, or its iCloud account, and can potentially lie its way into restricted areas of the DB. If an app is compromised, CloudKit queries from that app can be used to make malicious queries or even changes to the databases.

I'm hoping App Attest, even with its potentially circular logic, can at least make life harder for fraudsters, competitors, and vandals (when combined with other security measures like jailbreak, debugging, hooking, and tampering detections), but I have not found a single mention on how App Attest might be used to protect CloudKit. There doesn't even seem to be a verified way for me to build a third party server that can handle App Attest and then tell CloudKit to allow a user through (with all the security hazards a new developer faces when configuring an authentication server). The message seems to be: App Attest is important, but you can't use it with CloudKit, so build your own server.

Questions

1. Is my assumption that a compromised app can make malicious queries or changes to an app's CloudKit DB correct?

2. Can App Attest be made to protect a CloudKit public DB, with or without the involvement of a third-party server to handle attestations?

Is it possible to use App Attest to protect an app's CloudKit databases?

Q