Odd inputAccessoryView Behavior

An iOS app I wrote 7 years ago has bumped into an odd problem so far on a single device, an iPad, amongst several thousand in this in-company app. I cannot reproduce the issue a user is seeing with, of course, the same version of iOS. I've got some very simple code that adds an inputAccessoryView to a picker list. The text on the inputAccessoryView is not visible, nor is it 'clickable.'

The top of the uploaded image is what the user is seeing. The bottom of the image is what I'm seeing. I'm guessing there's some iPad/iOS setting that's causing this issue where either the text is transparent or its color is matching the background. Any ideas about that setting would be very much appreciated. Is there another place more appropriate that this request for help should be placed?

UIColor *selectedColor; selectedColor = [UIColor colorWithRed:255.0/255.0 green:255.0/255.0 blue:255.0/255.0 alpha:1];

pickerView.backgroundColor = selectedColor;

UIToolbar* keyboardDoneButtonView = [[UIToolbar alloc] init]; keyboardDoneButtonView.barStyle = UIBarStyleBlack; keyboardDoneButtonView.translucent = NO; keyboardDoneButtonView.tintColor = selectedColor; [keyboardDoneButtonView sizeToFit];

UIBarButtonItem* doneButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@"Select" style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:self action:@selector(pickerDoneClicked:)];

UIBarButtonItem* flexSpace = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@" " style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:nil
action:nil];

UIBarButtonItem* cancelButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@"Cancel" style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:self action:@selector(pickerCancelClicked:)];

UIBarButtonItem* flexSpace1 = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@" " style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:nil
action:nil];

UIBarButtonItem* gotoTopButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@"<Top>" style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:self action:@selector(pickerTopClicked:)];

[keyboardDoneButtonView setItems:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:doneButton, flexSpace, cancelButton, flexSpace1, gotoTopButton, nil]];

_textFieldProduct.inputView = pickerView; _textFieldProduct.inputAccessoryView = keyboardDoneButtonView;

[pickerView selectRow:currentProductData->row inComponent:0 animated:YES];

Odd inputAccessoryView Behavior

Q