PingFang.ttc font file is missing in iOS 18.0

I'm an iOS developer, and I've been testing our app in iOS 18.0 Beta. I noticed that there's a problem with the font rendering, and after troubleshooting, I've found out that it's caused by the removal of the PingFang.ttc font in 18.0. I would like to ask the reason for removing this font file and which font should be used to display Chinese in the future?

My test device is an iPhone 11 Pro and the system version is iOS 18.0 (22A5297). I have also tested Beta 1 and it has the same issue. In previous versions of the system, the PingFang font is located in this directory /System/Library/Fonts/LanguageSupport/PingFang.ttc. But in iOS 18.0, the font file in this directory has become Kohinoor.ttc, and I've tested that this font can't display Chinese either.

I traversed the following system font directories and could not find the PingFang.ttc font file.

/System/Library/Fonts/AppFonts
/System/Library/Fonts/Core
/System/Library/Fonts/CoreAddition
/System/Library/Fonts/CoreUI
/System/Library/Fonts/LanguageSupport
/System/Library/Fonts/UnicodeSupport
/System/Library/Fonts/Watch

Looking for answers, thanks for the help!

PingFang.ttc is no longer in /System/Library/Fonts/Core. iOS 18 has a new Chinese UI font.

It is highly discouraged to look for fonts in locations in the file system. Font files can change locations, change names, or get deleted in new versions of the OS. Instead it is encouraged that developers requiring low-level information about Fonts to use CoreText APIs. These APIs can enumerate the fonts that are available in the OS and also provide you with the file URL where the file resides.

Please file a Feedback Assistant report referencing this thread and how it processes fonts.

PingFang.ttc font file is missing in iOS 18.0

Q