tunnel_server from SimpleTunnel doesn't work

Hi. I'm trying to run tunnel_server from https://github.com/networkextension/SimpleTunnel sample on macOS Sonoma. Delegate's method netServiceWillPublish is called, but neither netServiceDidPublish nor netService(didNotPublish) are not. Firewall is enabled, incoming connections to the tunnel_server app are allowed. The app is not sandboxed and signed to run locally. When running the app, Allow Connections prompt pops up which is allowed.

The app run with the config file included to the project, and tried both predefined port and 0.

I’m not exactly sure why things are failing the way they are, but I don’t think you’ll be able to make significant progress with tunnel_server. Last time I played around with this I wasn’t able to get it to work without messing around with stuff that’s not supported (namely pfctl).

Taking a step back, the SimpleTunnel sample code is, overall, quite creaky. It’s still useful, in that it demonstrates lots of useful stuff, but you can’t build and run the project out of the box )-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

tunnel_server from SimpleTunnel doesn't work

Q