Issue with iPhone QR Code Contact Preview Displaying Email Instead of Organization

Post Content: Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with how iPhone displays contact information from a vCard QR code in the contact preview. When I scan the QR code with my iPhone camera, the contact preview shows the email address between the name and the contact image, instead of displaying the organization name.

Here’s the structure of the vCard I’m using:

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:3.0

FN:Ahmad Rana

N:Rana;Ahmad;;;

ORG:Company 3

TEL;TYPE=voice,msg:+1234567890

EMAIL:a(at the rate)gmail.com

URL:https://example.com

IMPP:facebook:fb

END:VCARD

What I Expect: When I scan it with camera and in the contact preview before creating the camera I want organization name between name and image of the preview but I get email instead of ogrganization name. If only organisation is passed then it displays correctly but when I pass email it displayed email in between.

Steps I’ve Taken: Verified the vCard structure to ensure it follows the standard format. Reordered the fields in the vCard to prioritize the organization name and job title. Tested with a simplified vCard containing only the name, organization, and email. Despite these efforts, the email address continues to be displayed in the contact preview between the name and the contact image, while the organization name is not shown as expected.

Question: How can I ensure that the organization name is displayed correctly in the contact preview on iPhone when scanning a QR code? Are there specific rules or best practices for field prioritization in vCards that I might be missing?

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Issue with iPhone QR Code Contact Preview Displaying Email Instead of Organization

Q