How to select a object in usdz by mouse select in 3d view in Reality Composer Pro

I used other software to export usdz files, hoping to further adjust the PBR and other parameters in the model in Reality Composer Pro. Because usdz is a whole, I cannot use the mouse to select a specific model in usdz on the interface. I have to find the models I want to modify one by one in the list on the left.

This method of operation is too inefficient. Is there a better way?

Or is there a way to disassemble the usdz file into numerous sub-models and texture material files, so that I can select it with the mouse on the interface in Reality Composer Pro and then modify the PBR, which would be much more efficient.

To efficiently work with individual components within a USDZ file in Reality Composer Pro, you can follow these steps:

Export Components Separately: When exporting from your original software, export each component of your model separately if possible. This allows you to import and manage individual parts more easily in Reality Composer Pro.

Use USDZ Tools: Utilize tools that allow you to manipulate USDZ files directly. Apple's USD tools, such as usdcat, usdedit, and usdview, can help you inspect and extract individual components from a USDZ file. You can find these tools in the USD repository on GitHub.

Disassemble USDZ:

USDZIP: Use usdzip to unpack the USDZ file into its constituent USD files and textures. This allows you to work on each component separately. Tool Command Example: To unpack a USDZ file, use the command:

usdzip -x myModel.usdz -o myModelFolder

This will extract all the files into myModelFolder. Edit Extracted Files: Open the extracted USD files in a text editor or a tool like Pixar's usdview. Make necessary adjustments to the individual components and materials.

Reassemble USDZ:

USDZIP: After making the necessary adjustments, you can reassemble the files back into a USDZ file using:

usdzip -c myModel.usdz myModelFolder

Selective Editing in Reality Composer Pro:

Import Individual Components: After disassembling the USDZ file, import the individual USD files or components into Reality Composer Pro. This way, you can select and edit each component more easily. Layer Management: Use layers or groups in Reality Composer Pro to manage different parts of your model, making it easier to select and modify specific components. By disassembling the USDZ file and working with individual components, you can improve your workflow and make the process of adjusting PBR and other parameters more efficient.

You can ctrl+click on an entity's child to select it in the navigator (left pane). From there you can navigate to its material binding in the inspector (right pane).

How to select a object in usdz by mouse select in 3d view in Reality Composer Pro

Q