Xcode 16 Beta 3 Watch App - No Simulator Runtime Version Even though Simulator is installed.

Today I installed Xcode 16 Beta 3. I have the watchOS 11 simulator installed on my Mac. When building my watch app with Xcode Beta 3 I am getting the following error.

/Applications/Xcode-16-beta-3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Library/Application Support/MessagesApplicationStub/MessagesApplicationStub.xcassets: No simulator runtime version from [<DVTBuildVersion 21F79>] available to use with iphonesimulator SDK version <DVTBuildVersion 22A5307d>

I have no idea what those assets are for but they aren't part of my project.

I tried generating a new standalone watch app project using Xcode 16 Beta 3 and I am getting the same error message so this isn't something particular to my original watch project.

Any help on how to fix this issue is appreciated.

Answered by rsaccone in 794691022

I found out what was wrong. While I had the watchOS 11 simulator installed I noticed the iOS simulator wasn't installed. Installing it made the error go away.

Accepted Answer

I found out what was wrong. While I had the watchOS 11 simulator installed I noticed the iOS simulator wasn't installed. Installing it made the error go away.

Xcode 16 Beta 3 Watch App - No Simulator Runtime Version Even though Simulator is installed.

Q