The watchOS support of NSValue.CGSizeValue

Starting from Xcode 16 Beta 2, NSValue.CGSizeValue is no longer available on watchOS, whereas this method was supported in previous versions of Xcode. The Xcode header files mark this method as unavailable on watchOS, but after manually modifying the Xcode files to remove the unavailable macro, the code compiles and runs normally. Is there a change in this API that makes it unsupported on watchOS, or is this an error?

Previously, I submitted feedback FB14072192, and the status of this feedback was updated to "Unable to diagnose with current information" without any further response. If this is indeed an issue, I hope it can be fixed.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 795390022

I don’t fully understand what’s going on here but I wanted to address this:

I submitted feedback FB14072192, and the status of this feedback was updated to "Unable to diagnose with current information" without any further response.

Right. This is a bit confusing because multiple developers have filed bugs about the same issue. I’m able to reproduce this problem with a small test project, so I’ve added my test project and comments to the ‘lead’ bug and I’m hoping that helps to get things heading in the right direction.

Thanks for filing this bug.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Still broken in Beta 3

I don't know the reason why Apple remove the SDK header for this function. You can even use @(CGSize(width: 100, height: 100)) to create a NSValue contains CGSize, in any platform.

But can not use this ???

I don’t fully understand what’s going on here but I wanted to address this:

I submitted feedback FB14072192, and the status of this feedback was updated to "Unable to diagnose with current information" without any further response.

Right. This is a bit confusing because multiple developers have filed bugs about the same issue. I’m able to reproduce this problem with a small test project, so I’ve added my test project and comments to the ‘lead’ bug and I’m hoping that helps to get things heading in the right direction.

Thanks for filing this bug.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

The watchOS support of NSValue.CGSizeValue

Q