Xcode says I am developing in ios-release mode, but I'd prefer ios-debug mode ...

Hi

I have an error message from running an iOS emulator, and it seems there's a problem because Xcode wants to sign something.

I have noticed that when running my code for testing, that it is being run in ios-release mode. I have thought that maybe Xcode would not want to sign if the code was being run in ios-debug mode - because Xcode didn't have this interest in signing problem before.

Confirmed: "Building com.example.appName for device (ios-release)..."

Error confirmation: "No valid code signing certificates were found. You can connect to your Apple Developer account by signing in with your Apple ID in Xcode and create an iOS Development Certificate ..."

My preference is to test/develop at this point without Apple Developer. This was possible for a long time before.

Advice: "Or run on an iOS simulator without code signing"

It seems that if Xcode were not interested in code signing that I wouldn't have this error preventing me.

How can I configure Xcode so that code signing is skipped and the code testing occurs without a reference to my Apple Developer account please?

If you can assist to resolve with these queries, that would be cool and greatly appreciated.

With thanks.

Xcode says I am developing in ios-release mode, but I'd prefer ios-debug mode ...

Q