Feature Request: Enhanced Automation for Blocking Contacts and Uninstalling Apps

Hello everyone,

I would like to propose a feature enhancement for iOS that could greatly benefit many users. Specifically, I am suggesting the introduction of automation capabilities within the Shortcuts app that would allow users to:

1. Block Contacts on Messaging Apps: Enable Shortcuts to interact with apps like WhatsApp to block specific contacts based on predefined conditions or user actions.
  2. Uninstall Apps: Allow Shortcuts to uninstall specified apps automatically, which could be very useful for managing app clutter and storage.

Benefits:

• Improved User Experience: These features would streamline tasks that currently require manual intervention, saving time and effort.
  • Enhanced Control: Users would have more control over their device's functionality, allowing for better customization and management.

Implementation Considerations:

• Privacy and Security: Implementing these features with appropriate security measures to ensure user privacy is not compromised.
  • User Permissions: Ensure that users explicitly grant permissions for these automations to run, maintaining transparency and control.

Use Cases:

• Parental Controls: Parents can automate the blocking of certain contacts on their children's devices.
  • App Management: Users can create automations to periodically clean up unused apps, improving device performance.

Community Input:

I would love to hear your thoughts on this suggestion. How do you think these features could be implemented effectively? Are there any potential challenges you foresee?

Thank you for considering this request. Let's work together to make iOS even more powerful and user-friendly!

Best regards,
Sagayaraj Danial

Feature Request: Enhanced Automation for Blocking Contacts and Uninstalling Apps

Q