VisionOS 2 Beta 4 - no windows after wake

I installed Beta 4 of VisionOS 2 and now whenever I take the headset off nothing works after putting it back on except passthrough until the device is rebooted. This is somewhat inconvenient.

I've raised it as a feedback but wondering if this is something others have noticed.

Answered by El Barto in 797036022

Did an “erase all contents and settings” which seemed to help but the issue returned.

After some experimentation the following appears to work reliably:

Put on and unlock the unit. Observe that pass through is working but now windows appear, no gestures work and you can’t summon the home screen.

While still wearing the vision pro, place the lens cover on. You will get a warning about low light. Wait 2-3 seconds and remove the lens cover and dismiss the warning. Any windows that should have been showing should now re-appear.

ok, just checking in to say that it might have been an issue with optic id. I turned off "unlock with optic id" and it seems to behave. I haven't tried resetting optic id yet.

I did re-enable optic unlock and it worked once but then went back to not working.

edit: re-setting optic id seems to have fixed it (fingers crossed)

still busted. resetting optic id and/or disabling optic unlock marginally helps. Leave the unit in standby long enough and it will need a reboot for anything to work.

only thing I haven't tried is a complete device reset.

Accepted Answer

Did an “erase all contents and settings” which seemed to help but the issue returned.

After some experimentation the following appears to work reliably:

Put on and unlock the unit. Observe that pass through is working but now windows appear, no gestures work and you can’t summon the home screen.

While still wearing the vision pro, place the lens cover on. You will get a warning about low light. Wait 2-3 seconds and remove the lens cover and dismiss the warning. Any windows that should have been showing should now re-appear.

VisionOS 2 Beta 4 - no windows after wake

Q