App clip default URL working great, but my associated domain url, although valid, is not launching my app clip

Good news bad news.

Good news- I have built my first app clip! After getting our app submission accepted, it gave us a working "default app clip url" in which successfully launches our app clip card and app clip.

Bad news- All this work was done to associate our app clip link with our website, so we could have a very clean URL, but that url is not launching our app clip card or the clip. Everything points to it looking good:

• Diagnostics on apple developer settings are all green checkmarks: associated domains, app clip published on app store, smart app banner.

• My associated domain url is "validated" on app store connect

• My website has a smart app banner with meta tag with bundle identifier, and a open graph photo configured.

• My app clip has the domain in it's entitlements file

What I'm expecting: Sending a text with the website's url should show me my app clip card, and not open my website, instead the app clip.

I shouldn't need to configure an advanced app clip experience because it's just via Messenger.. right? According to the documentation, advanced experiences should be for maps, qr codes, etc, right?

From what it seems... everything is set up completely right... so how come when I send myself a text message with the website's URL, it's not popping up with the app clip card?

App clip default URL working great, but my associated domain url, although valid, is not launching my app clip

Q