App store preview images other than screenshots

I'm trying to figure out where/how I can post images to my app store listing that aren't directly screenshots of my app. When I browse the app store, plenty of images for apps are something like a screenshot overlayed on top of some promotional text.

When I create my app store listing, I am only allowed to post exact screenshots from an iphone/ipad. Any deviation gets rejected. What I'd like to do is have a screenshot that ALSO has some text above/below it for promotional and explanation purposes.

Any idea what I'm missing? How do I do this?

App Review should have provided you with some detailed rejection notes. Do you put the screenshots into a device frame? Most rejections are usually around these if you have followed everything else in the guidelines.

The relevant app review rules are:

"2.3.3 Screenshots should show the app in use, and not merely the title art, login page, or splash screen. They may also include text and image overlays (e.g. to demonstrate input mechanisms, such as an animated touch point or Apple Pencil) and show extended functionality on device, such as Touch Bar."

and

"2.3.7 ... Metadata such as app names, subtitles, screenshots, and previews should not include prices, terms, or descriptions that are not specific to the metadata type."

Did the rejection mention one or other of those?

I have normally used plain screenshots. Sometimes I have attempted to add explanatory text but that has often been rejected based on 2.3.7; I wouldn't try to do that again.

App store preview images other than screenshots

Q