where did telnet go? (10.13 preview)

Is it just me or is the telnet client no longer present in macOS High Sierra? There doesn't appear to be an open source drop in replacement that works out of the box, and telnet + libtelnet combination from opensource.apple.com doesn't appear to work out of the box either. I think the telnet package that gentoo uses could be patched to work, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to weigh in here first before I spend too much time on that.

Replies

I started in the IT back in 90's when Linux was kernel 1.X skinny like Linus was LOL.

In 2000 I finely quit windows on my working laptop to become a full time Linux user because I loved the *unix freedom.

In 2008 I fallen in love with the amazing Apple macbook hardware and the fancy GUI while keeping most of all my *unix stuff I need.

The price was higher than a normal good PC laptop but not more than twice.

Then comes Apple with this communist ideas of control what people can / can't do driving people idiots and brainless.

I'm not going to write down everything what I think about what Apple is doing 'cause it will come down to a long text.

Now days to purchase a descent workable “non-upgradable” Macbook we have to spend 3 to 4 x more than a really good PC laptop and live with the Apple communist control idea. What is the next step? remove the terminal it self?

So, time to switch to Linux again. Ahh, before I forget, I gave up iPhone after the 3G. Love my Android custom rom, freedom is so awesome and I don't have to take the "battery Performance issue case" like an *****.

Bye bye Apple. I here and now apply for a divorce.

Sincerely,

"Just one of the Opinion Makers who helped you to sell many macbooks in the last 10 years"

Thank you "cerniuk"

I'm in no way a network admin, but removing telnet was a huge bo bo, to put it kindly.

Apple could be the best, if.... you can fill in the rest

i am online worker and this is my web site