Watch OS4 Bricked Me...?

experiencing same cycle of nothingness as others have here... after having downloaded the config profile and applied the the update... after entering my 4 digit password, my spinning wheel seems completed and then just sits there on the screen... it's been 2 full days now. on the charger/off the charger... doesn't matter

A hard reset wIth the buttons just repeats the same cycle of loading the attempting to load the software and then just stalling out. iPhone 7plus can't even see the watch yet as the upgrade won't seem to complete.

any suggestions?

Replies

need some help here folks... anyone? please!

I have the exact same issue. Beta 2. :(

Same issue, it's just sitting at the apple logo with no progress after finishing it's progress around the circle. It's been sitting in that state for almost twelve hours now. I've heard some people say it takes 10-12 hours so I have hope it'll come back, but not a great experience so far. I'll leave it overnight and see if it decides to wake up.

Kevin

Hi guys... yes, Beta 2 for me as well.

Apple chat support was of no help... and had me actually unpair my phone from the watch. (which i think was a big mistake). Now there is no way for phone to talk to watch at all in the current stalled out state.

I'm hoping someone chimes in here... mine is about 2.5 days in this state now with nothing helping. reboots/restarts on both phone and watch have done nothing to change situation.

I left mine overnight and it was still stuck on the same screen when I checked in the morning, so I rebooted it with both buttons and it restarted, but eventually just shut itself down or froze. Then restarted it again and it finally came up and is now functioning, but is not very stable. Hopefully it's stable enough to get the next beta on it that will hopefully bring more stability.

Jeff, can't say I have any idea what fixed it for me, hopefully yours will turn on at some point!

Kevin

You can add me to that list. I've rebooted multiple times and let it sit on a charger for 2 days. Can't get past the installation screen with all of the ticks filled. Not sure what else I can do.

I had this issue with my Watch (Series 1). Follow the steps below to see if that will work for you:

1. Force restart the watch by holding the Digital Crown and Side Button until the Apple logo comes up
  2. Force touch the screen with your passcode
  3. Select Factory Reset
  4. Repair Watch to iPhone (may take a few attempts)
  5. Restore from Backup on iPhone (should load watchOS 4)

Note: it may take a few attempts to get to each step, just keep restarting the watch and/or iPhone to get to the reset. I had an issue while trying to repair my Watch to my iPhone.

Mine is locked and i am quite sure I am using the correct passcode. The watch is no longer paired to my phone and it won't let me reset it either. I am about to pull my hair out.

I went through the same issue literally right now. This is what I did: 1. Reset watch by holding the side buttons and when it asks for the passcode hold the screen till it asks to reset to factory defaults. 2. I deleted the beta profile from the watch through the iphone Watch app and then unpaired my phone while it was resetting. 3. The watch eventually started up and I restored and paired it using my iphone. Watch os4 was on there when I restored even when I chose restore to Watch os 3. It only took one try. Hope this helps!

Had this issue also. Here is what I did:

1. Hold down crown and side button to reset

2. When it reaches to your password, on your phone in Watch app navigate to General>Reset>Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings

3. Do not restore from a backup, set it up as a new device.

Good luck

Ditto - same issue.

I followed StevorR and skattah's advice and got it "working", eventally, took a half dozen tries though

Anyone get their Series 1 stuck on the charger symbol after getting stuck in this update loop? Can't restart, reset, or pair the watch now. As it seems that the update has managed to do somethign funky to the battery...