Can't upgrade 6S to iOS 11 from iOS 10.3.2

Yesterday I purchased a barely used, carrier unlocked, iPhone 6S to test out ARKit...

The iPhone 6S is running 10.3.2 and everytime I try to upgrade to iOS 11 Seed 2 I get the error message below about declining to authorize.

I also own an iPhone 6+ that I successfully upgraded to iOS 11 Seed 2 about a week ago.

I've tried editing the host file, I've tried updating to the latest beta of Mac OS, I've tried running an app from XCode to verify the device is registered..

Please someone help me I wanted to attend a hackathon tomorrow which is impossible without ARkit.

Replies

I have same problem with my iPhone 6S Plus. It will not update to the iOS 11 beta. Even when I install the mobileconfig; it still says failed to authorize.

Not only am I having trouble with the 6SPlus, but it bricked my iPad Mini 4 when trying to install Beta 2 via iTunes.

Neither device would get the OTA update for iOS. Instead both devices gave the error: "Unable to check for update”, which is what lead me to using iTunes to restore the IPSW directly; which is what bricked my iPad Mini 4. 😟

I'm wondering if a common thread here is trying to update to IOS 11 using the beta 2 update 1

I didn't see these many update problems when people went from 10.3.2 to IOS 11 by installing beta 1