App Store Connect W-9 Tax Information Cannot Be Updated, Finance Support Unresponsive Since July

I'm hoping someone here has experienced something similar or knows of a way to escalate an unresolved issue with Apple Finance Support.

I've been trying to get my tax information corrected in App Store Connect since July 20, 2026, and nearly three months later, I'm still unable to get this resolved.

My address has already been successfully updated elsewhere in App Store Connect. However, the address associated with my tax information, along with my tax exempt status, still needs to be corrected. Unfortunately, these are fields I cannot update myself and require Apple's assistance.

Here is a timeline of what has happened so far:

  • July 20: Initially contacted Apple regarding the tax information issue.
  • Before September 10: Submitted another support request after the issue remained unresolved.
  • September 10: Received an acknowledgment and Case ID from Apple.
  • September 22: Followed up requesting an update.
  • September 28: Followed up again after receiving no substantive response.
  • October 9: Still no resolution, status update, or meaningful response from Finance Support.

What makes this especially frustrating is that my app is otherwise ready for release, but the unresolved tax information is preventing me from launching it on the App Store.

I've seen other developers mention being quoted approximately 10 business days for Finance Support responses. My current acknowledged case has been open well beyond that timeframe, and my original attempts to resolve this go back to July.

I've continued replying to my existing support case rather than repeatedly opening new ones, but I'm not making any progress.

Has anyone recently managed to get a response from Apple Finance Support regarding W-9 corrections or tax information updates?

More importantly, is there an alternative escalation path when an unresolved tax issue is preventing an app from being released?

I'm not looking to bypass any tax requirements. I simply need to correct information that Apple does not allow me to edit directly.

Any advice or experiences from other developers dealing with this would be greatly appreciated.

App Store Connect W-9 Tax Information Cannot Be Updated, Finance Support Unresponsive Since July
 
 
Q