How to get .ipa onto device now that iTunes doesn't contain apps?

I used to drag my .ipa file into iTunes and sync to test my ad-hoc build. The 'new' iTunes (12.7.0.166) doesn't contain apps any more. So how are you getting your .ipa onto your physical device?

Accepted Reply

I have updated an ipa onto my iPhone this morning in iTunes 12.7 on Mac.

To get the ipa loaded I dragged and dropped the ipa file onto the 'On My Device' panel in the left hand column of iTunes. The status bar indicated that it was syncing the information, and the app loaded correctly.

Hope this helps.

Replies

I am also facing the same issue with latest iTunes (12.7.0.166)

Same here

Have you tried doing it with Apple Configurator instead?

The new Configurator 2.5 Beta 4 Release Notes state on PDF Page 5:

Pair with a tvOS11 device over the network.
While on the same network subnet with a tvOS 11 devices,
choose ‘Paired Devices...’ from the Configurator application menu.

Same Here. I tried eveything but didnt get option to upload.

Any help?

You can drag your .ipa to the "Installed Apps" area in Xcode's "Devices and Simulators" window. (Or use the little plus icon.)

I have updated an ipa onto my iPhone this morning in iTunes 12.7 on Mac.

To get the ipa loaded I dragged and dropped the ipa file onto the 'On My Device' panel in the left hand column of iTunes. The status bar indicated that it was syncing the information, and the app loaded correctly.

Hope this helps.

Does this work for Windows? I cannot get it to work. It only says "Link" when trying to drag it over, but it does not work.

Hi,

I have been trying exactly this but doesn't seem to work. I am using OS 10.12.6 .

If not itunes what can I use to install my .IPA files on to my test device.

Thanks for your help

Rakhee

I am able to install app from iTunes2.7 from MAC but not from Window, did something change from apple side?

You can Try Online Using Diawi. (https://diawi.com)

Upload App to Diawi. After uploading they will provide you a url
Open this url into your Device Browser prefer safari.
Press Install and here you go.

its working! I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6 and after the latest upgrade and big changed from itunes you wont see apps on itunes anymore but still in local library

using finder. Thanks for this thread! One lesson I learned dont be on such a hurry to upgrade immediatley. See the changes first on the new updates if this

will have an impact on your side.

its working! I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6 and after the latest upgrade and big changed from itunes you wont see apps on itunes anymore but still in local library

using finder. Thanks for this thread! One lesson I learned dont be on such a hurry to upgrade immediatley. See the changes first on the new updates if this

will have an impact on your side.

Worked for me! Thank you!

Hi,

I am windows 8.1 machine, I tried to install the .ipa file through itunes and i followed the same step which mentioned above. (This step is working only for iOS 11 devices)

But not able install the .ipa and its simple saying "link" only.

itunes Version: 12.7

iPhone OS version : 9.3.5 or 10.3.3

Please help me on this