Watch still connected to phone even with wifi & Bluetooth off

Have Watch OS 4 GM on my watch. If I turn off Wifi, and Bluetooth on my iPhone (with iOS 11 GM) my watch still shows the iPhone icon (not the cloud icon) and I can still launch all apps and get data. Also when wifi is on on the iPhone in this area it connects to a corporate net work that watch can not access so i do not think the watch is connecting over wifi. If i put my iPhone in airplane mode then the watch shows its disconnected and no apps can get data.\

Update: Ah found it. Its a control center bug! Clicking the Bluetooth icon in control center shows it turning Bluetooth on and off, but its not. if i go into settings Bluetooth it shows its on.

So the bug is control center Bluetooth icon does not turn off Bluetooth

Replies

Pressing the Wifi/Bluetooth Icon in control center will disconnects your iPhone from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

Please refer to https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT208086

I was wondering the same thing, with my Series 7 Apple Watch paired w/ my XS MAX. I kept saying, “apple has to have some kind of special Bluetooth connectivity for the Apple Watch bc it would be annoying to turn off Bluetooth in the CC & constantly lose connection to the Watch” the above answer is correct, the Bluetooth on the control center only disconnects paired items that are not an Apple Watch, Apple Pencil… etc.