Enrollment: Individual or Company?

I am a Sole Proprietor in the eyes of the IRS, but I have registered a limited liability company (LLC) with my state for the purpose of somewhat protecting my privacy and personal assets. (Also, it seems a business name lends a little more credibility to a product than a personal name.) Is my Entity Type "Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business" or "Company/Organization"? If I choose individual, will I have the opportunity to use my company name in customer-facing situations such as an app listing (assuming my company "is recognized as a legal entity in [my] country")? It seems important to get this right from the outset. Any other single-person LLCs been in this boat? Any advice is appreciated.

Accepted Reply

>...will I have the opportunity to use my company name in customer-facing situations such as an app listing

LLC, yes. Sole Proprietor, no.

Apple says this about that:

"To have your company name appear as the seller, your company must be recognized as a legal entity and you must be enrolled as an organization"

See Enrollment - Support

Replies

>...will I have the opportunity to use my company name in customer-facing situations such as an app listing

LLC, yes. Sole Proprietor, no.

Apple says this about that:

"To have your company name appear as the seller, your company must be recognized as a legal entity and you must be enrolled as an organization"

See Enrollment - Support