App Missing from Settings -> Notifications list

Hi

We are receiving myriad complaints from members that our app is now missing from Settings -> Notifications, and so our members cannot receive push notifications any longer.

Previously we thought that this was related to users denying us notification permissions during first run, but we are now seeing this reported from long-time users who recently auto-upgraded.

We are telling them to delete and reinstall and that (generally) fixes the issue. However, we would like this issue never to happen -- what is causing this, and/or what work-arounds can we implement to ensure we continue to appear in the notifications center?

Thanks,

Eric

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of esilverberg Down vote post of esilverberg
41k views
  • Hello,

Same issue here. I'm using an iPhone 7 and iPad (6th generation) both running iOS 14.7.1. Any fix?

• I was facing the same issue with some of the app notifications. Went through this forum to ignorer to fix it. I 'Reset all settings' and now all of my apps are not visible in the notification style. How do I fix this???

I'm using iPhone 13 iOS 15.3

• is there a solution to find the disappearing apps that we want to attain notifications? It's not showing up on my iPhone 13 neither. If there's a simple solution other than "reset settings" which I did and my apps are still not showing up in the settings notification. Thank you, Tena

Replies

This problem also occurred this week on my iPhone 11 running iOS 15.4. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset all Settings disabled all the notifications from my 3rd party apps. The apps were not listed in the Settings > Notifications menu and the Notifications option was absent under the "ALLOW app_name TO ACCESS" heading under Settings > app_name so I couldn't get to the Allow Notifications slider.

The most time-consuming and enraging process was reinstalling and reinitiating my multiple vital authenticators and email apps.

Grrr!

Apple - Fix this!

• We have also started seeing this issue on our iOS app. I have tried all the reset suggestions, but the app still does not show under Settings > Notifications. I hope someone at Apple is looking into this.

Add a Comment

We have also started seeing this issue on our iOS app. I have tried all the reset suggestions, but the app still does not show under Settings > Notifications. I hope someone at Apple is looking into this.

The only way to fix this is to delete the app and reinstall it. Very annoying!!!

Apple's products just kept getting worse and worse, and lots of bugs were never fixed.

• Deleting the app did not work for us.

Add a Comment

I made app it sent push notifications perfectly when I download from TestFlight, but when I downloaded from AppStore it didn't send push notifications. Anyone help it.

Hi there,

Finally I got the solution for those who are unable to get the Notification message on screen.

It’s very easy.

First Slide the phone screen from left to right until you find the App Library.

Here You can see all the application on the screen.

Now, open the application that you want to restarts the Notification.

when you attempt to open the App it will ask you to allow the access.

Let it allowed and you will be able get the Notification on Screen again.

Done.

Brijesh Chauhan Australia

Happened to me just now what I did was open settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy

-then turn off you phone wait a couple minutes and turn it on again -then open that particular app which was not on the Phone Notification Settings -the it will prompt you to “ALLOW” or “DENY” notifications (you should tap allow) -then that’s it. It will show up on your notification settings now. Thanks For Reading :) have a good day!

All the above mentioned reset location privacy did not work.

Only way to resolve is reinstall the app, which js not really an ideal solution.

Apple has been ignoring this issue for years!

I am having the exact same issue. Had to reset my phone due to lack of service/data and now I get no notifications from several apps like I did prior, and they do not show up in the list of apps in the notifications tab. Resetting privacy settings didn’t work. And now my do not disturb is messed up too.

I need a fix for all of these issues. ios15.4.1 iPhone 11

I have the same issue with a brand new iPhone 13 Pro. Several apps are missing in the notifications list. Nothing helps. Even reinstalling the apps does not fix it. This is very annoying.

Same here: my app disappeared from notifications list on my Iphone 11 (iOS 15.5), but everything is OK on my 6S (iOS 14.4.2). Resetting Location & Privacy did not help

I found the solution, is a workaround, but works fine!! Using with example the Whatsapp, or Instagram application, you need ensure that the Banner options is enabled on Iphone notification system, so when you activate that, the application(whatsapp,Instagram,others) appear in Notifications on Watch Application. However, if the banner not enabled on system notifications, the applications (whatsapp, Instagram, others) not appears on Watch Application to enable or disable, but the apple watch will show the mesasges on his display normally.

I am experiencing the same even in iOS16.1. Few apps are not available in Notifications. Below are the list of apps that I identified:

1. OLX
  2. Google
  3. Google Assistant

Please address this issue asap.

I have to believe this is a problem with the way the individual app has implemented notifications. I have the same issue with my app. Resetting the device does not help, this is the cause of the problem, being removed from the notifications. I am looking for a solution.

Deleting and reinstalling worked for me, I didn't mind because this app kept all of my info intact but I would hate it for an app that required difficult login.