iMessage In Cloud Error - 'Not Available Because iCloud & iMessage Accounts Different'

All

Per the subject line, I tried to turn on Messages in iCloud but get the above error. I am using the same account for both. The only difference is that as this is an old @me.com Apple account that iCloud is somehow reverting the new @iCloud.com version to @me.com for that login whereas messages is using the new version of the same account @iCLoud.com. For Example:

iCloud login shows: name@me.com

iMessage shows: name@icloud.com

Again same address jsut for whatever reason when I enter the @icloud.com in the icloud login it reverts it to the older @me.com domain. Thats the only possible issue I see that could be causing this.

Anyone else seeing this and have a workaround ? If not I'll file a bug

Thanks

• when I try and send money via iMessage by selecting Apple Pay I get an error that my iCloud and iMessage do not match but they do….I have wasted hours going around and round signing out and signing in and logging out and logging in and reset the network connection and turning off and on and waited two days and tried again and I still get the same error

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here on iPhone X. Although both icloud id on icloud and imessage are name@mac.com. But same error message as you. Ipad 11.4 iMessage works fine.

Had the same problem - easy fix I verified my icloud account, which was “email@mac.com” Logged out of facetime and imessage which had @me.com variations if my icloud email Logged back into facetime and imessage using the above icloud email and all was well

I think it is an issue with the iPhone 11.4 beta. iPad works with no issue using both name@me.com and name@icloud.com turned on for both Messages and Facetime using Messages stored in the cloud. After installing 11.4 on iPad and iPhone today, immediately got Not Available notification once iPhone retarsted. iPad worked with no issue and uploaded all Messages directly to the iCloud.

I tried Bagpiper work around but still got error message. Bagpiper could you be more specific on what you did? Perhaps I missed a step. Was it on an iPhone?

Thanks!

Same issue for me here. I have used iCloud messages throughout the various 11.3 beta releases and everything has worked fine - using my iPhone X and various iPad devices.

Since updating to the newest 11.4 beta, I got the same popup saying that my accounts were different so the functionality was not available. Under my iMessages setting, I am logged in with my @icloud.com email address while my icloud account is using my legacy @me.com account. This has not been an issue for me before and is also not an issue for me on my ipad - I am only having this issue on my iPhone X (don't have another iPhone device to test with at the moment).

In Settings, find what email you are using under the top cell (with your name as the cell title).

Then, go to Messages, then under there go to Send & Receive, then click on your Apple ID, and sign out if the ID does not match the ID found earlier, and log back in with the matching email.

Add a Comment

I went round and round with this and finally solved the issue. Capitalization matters in this build of iOS. You will have to check your AppleID, icloud login, and imessages login to make sure they are all the same. Everything is based on how your AppleID is spelled. Check your AppleID first and sign out of all services until they all show the exact email address. You will need to do the same if you need to change @me or @icloud.

Where exactly is the icloud login? Isthat the same as the Apple ID?

Didn't solve it for me

Having exact same issue as dhotherm and have talked to multiple senior advisers and have not been able to come up with fix. It causes my messages to disappear. If I hard restart the phone then the messages appear again. Help!

Don’t stress yourself y’all. Just check the junk folder of me@icloud.com. It may take a minute to download all the junk email. There, you will see all the missed emails. Kindly move all the emails you desire to the inbox of me@icloud.com
try sending an email to me@icloud.com from another email address. the new email should be found in the inbox of me@icloud.com and no longer in the junk folder.
this worked for me and I hope it works for you too

Just had this exact same issue occur after Apple Support had me log out of my iCloud account on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. To solve this, all I did was go to:

Settings > Messages > then toggle off and back on the "iMessage" toggle at the top.

After turning it iMessage off and back on, I went back to the Messages app and all messages appears instantly. Hope this helps!

I am/was currently running iOS 14.7.1.

• This method worked for me but, once I toggled iMessage on the phone in the first step, I needed to select the Send & Receive Addresses again. At first, only my phone number appeared, but the other addresses populated the list after a few seconds. I then chose the ones that matched the addresses on my MacBook Pro.

I'm running iOS 15.1.1 on an iPhone 13 Pro Max and 12.0.1 on MacBook Pro (2018).

• Worked perfectly! thank you - just need to select all my all my addresses

Add a Comment

on the send and receive I had to enable Apple to send and receive this worked and now everything sends to my phone and to my computer .

Hi! Also this could mean your iMessage isn’t using your iCloud sign in, in addition to your phone number.

To fix this problem: Go to Settings/messages/send&receive it could say use iCloud to receive messages and if you click yes it will link iCloud and messages.

• This was what my issue was. Thank you so much for posting this.

• This was my issue as well. I’ve been struggling and going round and round for months. Thank you so much for posting this!

Add a Comment