Maximum number of certificates generated.

Hi Guys,

I have added only 3 certificates & trying to add new for other app I am getting error "Maximum number of certificates generated".

How I can resolve this error.

Looking forward for response.

Regards,

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nayank9 Down vote post of nayank9
23k views

Replies

You can only have a maximum of 3 iOS Distribution certificates. If more than three developers need to upload to an account, then you need to export a .p12 file from Keychain Access on the Mac that created the Certificate Signing Request so that the Distribution Certificate with the embedded private key can be installed on the machines of the other developers...

Is this a joke? If we have more then 3 developers in the company we have to share a key? And then if we want to revoke signing capabilities from 1 developer because they left the company or whatever we have to void the entire shared key and redistribute a new one to every developer in the company?

• Generally it's best practice to not give keys to developers, but to your managed infrastructure. In other words put the key on CI, and limit access to individuals if you can.

If a developer who had direct access to keys left, it's also a good idea to revoke that certificate yes. Often this just means distributing the new key/cert to your infra.

Add a Comment