Build a test IPA file without a dev certificate

Hello,

I'm trying to build a test IPA file to test on iPhone devices.

I bought an Apple developer account for one year but I realized they take some time to process after payment is made.

Meanwhile, I want to build an IPA file to test on my iPhone.

Is there any way to do this without a paid certificate?

In 2016, there was a "Free" mode for developers. I read a tutorial about using that free mode on Xcode to export an IPA file which you can run on any Apple device.

If there's a way to build an IPA without certificate, let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

>Is TestFlight free for all developers?

All devs w/paid accounts, yes. No access otherwise.

>and can I invite any person who are not developers?

Yes, see https://developer.apple.com/testflight/ -I can't promise it will work in your example, tho.

>If I use ad-hoc certificate, can I finally get an IPA file which can be tested on any iOS device?

Yes. Note that 'any' means each device must be registered to your paid dev account with a 100 per year device limit that cannot be edited until next account renewal. See Xcode Help: Exporting Your App for Testing (iOS, tvOS, watchOS) -I can't promise it will work in your example, tho.

-=-

Reference:TN2431 App Testing Guide

Replies

Step 1: Build the app in Xcode using the currently valid "free mode".

Step 2: Expand all of the detail entties in the build log to see what commands Xcode is using to build the app's IPA file.

That should show you either what certificate Xcode is using for "free mode", or what Xcode is using instead of signing.

Thanks for your reponse.

When I add my current apple account on Xcode's preference - account tab, it shows 'no signing certificate' in 'manage certificate'.

How can I get the free signing certificate?

When I try to build an iPA on Xcode with my account, it fails to build.. it says provisioning profile is missing.

Devs are obligated to either use free or paid. Xcode's free provisioning lets you test on your own device, locally.

Just be sure to -not- use the same apple id for both...

See this thread [how i can have free Developer Program ] with an already moderated link that explains Xcode's free provisioning process (with screenshots) for the latest version of that process, be sure to read all the way thru it and any updates at the bottom. Good luck.

baixa o sxi yihi

quero baixar o aplicativo sxi no meu app store sera possilvel isso ?