Apps "In Review" for long time

I used to submit games and they were reviewed within a week's time till mid-2018 but since September, my games keep going to "In Review" status and stay in that status for ever.

I did try to cancel the submission and re-submit it, but every time, it goes to "In Review" within 24 hours and stays in same status for weeks. Its been at-least a month for 1 of my app and almost 3 weeks for another.

App Id's : 1437438165 , 1435726513

Any one else also facing similar issues?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rahianeja Down vote post of rahianeja
79k views
  • Today's date is July 3, 2022.

Apple review process is a mess. It looks like they don't have enough reviewers, or they are lazy and incompetent workers. They also don't respond if you ask them for status. This behavior is exactly what is behind legislations being forwarded in the US Senate to force Apple and Google to to open up their stores for third parties to post. (By the way unlike Apple, Google review teams work 24 hr/dy). Contact your senators/rep. it is bipartisan legislation.

• Aug 26 2022 - Currently in 21st day of waiting for a new iOS app review. Received a message saying only "We need more time'. Curiously a MacOS app was reviewed within 24 hrs - does Apple treat iOS apps and MacOS apps differently? And are upgrades treated differently from new apps? Is Apple under attack for being sole gatekeeper to the iOS platform?

• SimonKravis, not really. My iOS Game has been stuck in the review for the past 3 weeks. I worked on that game for 5-6 months and then submitted it on Appstore. It's painful, but we really can't do anything here.

Just waiting for a response from the App review team  :-(

Replies

Hi,

One of your colleagues held a grudge and with awareness of the crucial bug we have on the previous version and every week will make 1000 players angry with each cycle, he/she intentionally used the systemic gap for processing a request and holding our request under review status to cause more damage to us.

Do you have any suggestions for this kind of case after 10 days, because the Expedited Review request and contact to App Review Support were useless? @Andreas@AppReview

Hello, We're facing the same issue. Our app with id 1522000131 is "In-Review" for a month already. Status requests only gave us automated responses. Could you help us, @Andreas@AppReview please

Hello, the same problem with our app id 1566122910, cumulatively it is "In-Review" for more than 2 months. Could you help us too, @Andreas@AppReview please

Add a Comment

Same here... app id 629019487, iOS app have been stuck "In Review" for days. When I contacted @AppReview - got a response "I can confirm that your app is in the "Ready for Sale" status on the App Store as of Sep 8, 2022.", but that's macOS app, and not iOS app that was approved on Sep 8, 2022. Any help would be appreciated @Andreas, as this update fixes a crash that really bugs my users.

Hello @Andreas @AppReview,

Since July, our app(1536885649) has been stuck in Waiting for Review for at least 5 days for most of the versions.
Some versions were even stuck for 2 weeks, even though we submitted expedited reviews.
It's not happening intermittently, but for almost every version we submitted. I'm worried that it may lead to delays in delivering our important features or hotfixes.

We would appreciate it if you could help us get our app's review speed back to normal.
Any information in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello, @Andreas @AppReview! Our app (1505352161) has been stuck in 'In Review' for 10 days. After sending information about our partners at the end of October, there is no news and no more questions. I would like to understand the reason for such a long delay and the estimated timeframe, since the latest version has fixed application crashes, which is important for users.

Thank you!

Similar issue. Our app, first release, was rejected for “other reason” on October 8, and we got a template message at the same time which said,

We need additional time to evaluate your submission and Apple Developer Program account. Your submission status will appear as "Rejected" in App Store Connect while we investigate. However, we do not require a revised binary or additional information from you at this time. While there may be a delay due to high submission volumes, we are working to complete our review as soon as possible. If we notice any issues that require your attention, we will let you know via App Store Connect. If we find no issues with your submission or account, the submission will be approved.   Then we tried to write reply to the review team, resubmit the app, and make an appeal but nothing worked. We still haven’t got any information since then, almost 6 weeks. This is really unusual. Our app ID is 1624344206. Should we make an appeal again or just wait, or is there anyone we could talk? Any help would be appreciated @Andreas,@AppReview. Thanks a lot.

Hello. Our application with the ID ID 1505352161 has been "under consideration" for more than 1 month. Unfortunately, the technical support did not give any clear answer about the reasons for such a serious delay. A huge request to help our users get an updated version of @Andreas@AppReview, critical bug fixes are in the build, users complain very much. Also, we cannot update the application in other stores, because we are waiting for approval on your side.

• What do you mean by "under consideration"?

Add a Comment

Hello Our application is also very long on the test. We have not been able to update the application for about a month, all problems have been resolved. Our App ID is 751313895 Could you please help speed up the check?  @Andreas @AppReview

I firstly submitted my app to both App Store and Mac App Store (MAS) on 2022/10/19.

The MAS submission was first rejected on 10/20 with the reason "We need additional time to evaluate your submission and Apple Developer Program account." However, the App Store submission was accepted on 10/22.

I kept resolving the MAS submission issue and resubmitting several times and I also filed a review inquiry Apple Developer Contact Us page, but I just got the same reject reason. An MAS submission on 11/18 was rejected on 12/10, but fortunately in this time, the reject reason is not "We need additional time ..." anymore! Then, I resolved and submitted an MAS again on 12/10. Finally, my MAS submission was accepted on 12/13😊 It takes almost 2 months to accept my MAS submission.

Hello, @Andreas @AppReview! Our app (1431656423) has been stuck in 'In Review' as of December 1st. I would like to understand the reason for such a long delay and the estimated timeframe, since the latest version has fixed application crashes, which is important for users. Thank you!

• My app reviewed after 21 days in "In review". I must resubmit app, and apple review after 30h.

Add a Comment

Hello, @Andreas @AppReview my app has been stuck in 'In Review', Apple ID 1472144490. Any information in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @Andreas @AppReview, different builds of my app is stuck in "In Review" since 16 Dec 2022, Apple ID 1422822192. It's almost a month for Users without critical fixes and new features. It will be really nice to understand reasons of such a long delay, we've also provided a lot of required info to App Review team and still didn't get any feedback on it. Can you please help and speed up this process? Thanks in advance!

same problem , 13 days ,in review status

Hello, @Andreas @AppReview, can anyone assist with the review of app with id 1438554015 since it is still in review since 16 dec 2022 (almost 2 months!). Unbelievable!

The only response we could get from Apple Support is: "The review for your app is still in progress and requires additional time. We'll provide further status updates as soon as we can, or we'll contact you if we require additional information. We apologize for the delay."

How long it may take to review new version of the app? months? years?