Apps "In Review" for long time

I used to submit games and they were reviewed within a week's time till mid-2018 but since September, my games keep going to "In Review" status and stay in that status for ever.

I did try to cancel the submission and re-submit it, but every time, it goes to "In Review" within 24 hours and stays in same status for weeks. Its been at-least a month for 1 of my app and almost 3 weeks for another.

App Id's : 1437438165 , 1435726513

Any one else also facing similar issues?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rahianeja Down vote post of rahianeja
79k views
  • Today's date is July 3, 2022.

Apple review process is a mess. It looks like they don't have enough reviewers, or they are lazy and incompetent workers. They also don't respond if you ask them for status. This behavior is exactly what is behind legislations being forwarded in the US Senate to force Apple and Google to to open up their stores for third parties to post. (By the way unlike Apple, Google review teams work 24 hr/dy). Contact your senators/rep. it is bipartisan legislation.

• Aug 26 2022 - Currently in 21st day of waiting for a new iOS app review. Received a message saying only "We need more time'. Curiously a MacOS app was reviewed within 24 hrs - does Apple treat iOS apps and MacOS apps differently? And are upgrades treated differently from new apps? Is Apple under attack for being sole gatekeeper to the iOS platform?

• SimonKravis, not really. My iOS Game has been stuck in the review for the past 3 weeks. I worked on that game for 5-6 months and then submitted it on Appstore. It's painful, but we really can't do anything here.

Just waiting for a response from the App review team  :-(

Replies

It took four months, but the app was finally approved

Hi @Andreas @AppReview, my app again is stuck in "In Review", Apple ID 1422822192, because Apple Review Team have decided, that we provide access to the app on sanctioned territories (which isn't true and Users from these territories cannot download our application). We provided clarifications and even screencast from our app to make it clear for the Review Team.

Can you please highlight this issue for Apple Review Team, who are currently review the app? Because we were given 14 days to provide info and resolve it, but still don't receive any feedback from them.

• @Neurosis , where are your account from? Russia? Same problem here. Do you think they are checking by sanction list?

• Same problem here. @Neurosis, @kvalter, did you get your submission after all?

Add a Comment

Hello, @Andreas @AppReview, can anyone assist with the review of app with id 1458104274 since it is still in review since 31 may 2023

Hi @Andreas@AppReview my app (id 6450652729) stuck in review without any further information and I can't get a response for more than 4 days. Could you help, please? @Andreas@AppReview

We are developers of the sports category Footballant. Generally, the review will be faster within the week and slower on the weekends. Please do not submit for review during holidays. This is some of my experience and I hope it can help you.

Hi, my submission has been "waiting for review" since January 20th. My first submission was in January 7th. I was notified that something was wrong with my version number so I updated it. I haven't received an update since my second submission. This is my first time submitting to the App Store and I truly earnestly would like to do everything right. If there is anything I'm missing I'm happy to read any resources that I need to in order to make it easier. My submission ID is 0593a362-6f64-4a54-91e6-dece507ca892. My app ID is 6451201753.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help. Thank you.

Best, Miguel Coder

Add a Comment

Hi @Andreas@AppReview, I am facing the same problem. I uploaded 2 apps and i got rejected. Then after resolving the issues mentioned by the reviewer, I uploaded another new version on Mar 17. Then I tried to change the build number and again uploaded, but no luck. It still in Waiting for review in 14 days.

I tried to contact the App Review 3 times by submitting the details, but every time got an automated response from their side. How can we contact the App Review team to resolve this.

Does anyone has got any resolution? Please help.