Airdrop Files Not Showing Up in Downloads Folder

This thread has been locked by a moderator.

Trying to airdrop files from iOS 9 device to Mac with 10.11 Beta 3 installed. I get the notification that the file is being transferred, but the file never appears in the downloads folder

anyone else having success with AirDrop??

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of davidearnest
30k views

Replies

I met the same issue.

• I am having the same issue about 2 months ago and I have tried everything found online and nothing works. The file looks like it transferred to the downloads folder via airdrop, the folder jumps and the transfer sound plays but the file is not there. Please help!!!!! this is very frustrating.

Add a Comment

I have this problem too.

Files Airdropped to a Mac should either open in a suitable application or get deposited in the Downloads folder. If neither is happening then it would be good to file a bug report.

I restarted my Mac and found out that there is a folder called Recovered files in the Trash which included a folder called (A Document Being Saved By sharingd) with the files I tried to AirDrop in it. It seems like that the process couldn't manage to save the files.

Now that El Capitan PB2 is out, I think it would be better to update and check if this problem is resolved before submitting a bug report. Unfortunately, I can't update until later today, so if anyone can check if this problem is solved, please post in this thread to let others know.

Thanks.

I am novice but finally figured out that airdrop places the files in chronological date order based on the date the file was created. For example if you took a photo on April 21, 2015 on your iPhone and then used airdrop to put that photo on your macbook on September 20 that file will be placed in the date order it was created (April 2015) in your download folder. You will need to scroll down according to dates that the file was created not the date the file was transferred and you should find your file. If you haven't named your file you will need to the look for the file number given by your iPhone and then check for that file in files that are dated in April in your download folder.

Hope this helps.

I had the same issue with files not showing up on my MacBook from AirDrop. Shutting down and rebooting my MacBook solved it.

I have the same issue. Also with the AirPlay that it is not working any more to share iPhone/iPad screen with the Mac.

airdop files on mac not showing in download folder on mac

• Im having the same issue, has anyone solved this?

Add a Comment

I am having the same issue since a few weeks ago Any alternative to making a full reboot of my MacBook?

I am having the same issue. It worked up until about a month ago. Updated both my iphone and Mac Mini. I still cannot figure out why my files won't go to the downloads folder. Any chance someone else can help solve this mystery.

I'm having the exact problem now June 2023. I hit AirDrop from my iPhone, my iMac beeps to say its transferred but then nothing. I cannot find it by search or anything. It used to open a popup Finder window but now nothing. Very infuriating and as the above poster, it was working ok about a month ago.

• We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities

Add a Comment

I've had this issue for about six months, but only on my MacBook (which has been rebooted several times). It does not happen when I airdrop files to my Mac mini...All of my hardware is running the latest IOS. The file shows that it has been transferred, but it's not in downloads, and I can't find it...

• We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities

Add a Comment

Same issue for about 3 months now even after several updates. M2 MBAir works, M1 Max Studio doesnt...