Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

• I also have the same issue and have been trying for 5 months. I have called apple several times and went to my bank several times. The only thing I can do is find someone that has an account already and hope they don't put any virus in my code when its published.

• Eu realmente nao entendo, porque uma empresa tao grande com um problema tao bobo. deveria no minimo ter uma documentacao explicando sobre o problema e como corrigir...

• Hello! I'm also having trouble processing the credit card. I tried it with different cards from different brands. Apple, please improve this process. Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Phone support is always unavailable and you never reply to emails. Why don't you fix this issue ???

• Why you guys don't fix that issue? I'm passing through that pain. Every day I spend more than 1 hour in the phone talking with apple and they don't solve my problem. Apple is a really big company, why they have an so silly problem?

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here, trying to pay enrollment fee for a month with different credit cards from Israel. No luck at all.
I'm from Singapore and am having the same issue as everyone else (call support is unhelpful and really just wastes your time).

I would like to chime in by saying F|_|CK Apple.

Thank you for reading this.
Maybe I got lucky but I'm sharing my experience in case it helps somebody.

For a few weeks I'd been trying to get help from support but all of them replied with the same generic automated responses. The last time I filled a new support request I wrote everything the previous advisors requested and noted that I tried the solutions they suggested. I don't know if it's related but I emailed devprograms@apple.com directly like another user suggested here. They didn't reply to this email but the next day my last support request was assigned to a wonderful senior advisor. She called the next day and resolved my issue immediately by making a manual payment.
I am having the same problem; trying to make payment using multiple credit cards, both Indian and US based that have been used to make purchases on Apple before but to no avail. Apple support doesn't even reply to emails and at this point I feel pretty much stuck. It's been almost 45 days since I began this 'task' of getting Apple to accept my payment. I read about some people having luck with manual payment or wire transfers. I've written to Apple asking about the same, hope to get a reply.
Hey guys
from iceland

my first attempt of purchase 26/06/2020, got cancel several time try to fallow apple team directions order a new visa card, send them bank account details, identification photo, and check if my card working bought en app in app store but i am not able to purchase my development program, apple team stop replaying my emails now for 10 days, dose anyone knows why?

regards
Hello Guys

I am also the same in a row to get apple developer purchases.
Unfortunately, I have been trying from 2 months every time orders get canceled by apple.

I've tried again now with a different credit card.

Follow that step maybe that helps you guys, I found that from google.
I just did same step now, I am waiting now!
Maybe it helps you guys.

Essentially everyone internationally is struggling to pay for the license. Apple blocks the payment if certain “unknown” conditions aren’t met.

Fortunately, I have found a solution to the problem, where a client of mine obtained her license in 24 hours by following these steps:
  1. On your iPhone or any apple device you must download the apple developer app. Link is in the description.

2. Make sure the card you are going to buy the apple license with is the same card currently linked to your apple id. The card may not be linked to any other apple id. One apple id = one card.

3. Login to the apple developer app with your apple id and enrol in the apple developer program via the app.

4. If you encounter a delay of 24 hours, then email apple developer support and tell them your card can buy songs and apps so there is no reason it cannot buy an apple developer license.

5. If still not approved, follow up by buying a song or an app, and send apple support that snippet of your bank statement proving that your card does in fact work to purchase from Apple.

I've noticed some of the invisible checks done by apple:
  1. They want you to have an existing apple id, not sure how old it must be.

2. They want you to buy the license while being logged into an apple device.

3. They want to verify you by making sure the apple id card matches the developer program payment card.

4. They would prefer if the purchase is made via the apple developer app.

Fortunately, I have found a solution to the problem, where a client of mine obtained her license in 24 hours by following these steps:

1. On your iPhone or any apple device you must download the apple developer app. Link is in the description.

2. Make sure the card you are going to buy the apple license with is the same card currently linked to your apple id. The card may not be linked to any other apple id. One apple id = one card.

3. Login to the apple developer app with your apple id and enrol in the apple developer program via the app.

4. If you encounter a delay of 24 hours, then email apple developer support and tell them your card can buy songs and apps so there is no reason it cannot buy an apple developer license.

5. If still not approved, follow up by buying a song or an app, and send apple support that snippet of your bank statement proving that your card does in fact work to purchase from Apple.

I've seen that solution too. The problems are:
  1. Enrollment through the Apple Developer app isn't available in every country.

2. Apple support doesn't decide whether your order should be approved or not. So even if they wanted to help, the best they can do is give you an exception and allow a direct wire transfer. This is a workaround, not a solution, and doesn't happen all the time.

I haven't seen any solution that works for everyone, so I'm quite sure this is a problem on Apple's end and only they can solve it.
Even this doesn't help. I'm wondering how is it possible that I could use my credit and debit cards on itunes and AppStore to buy apps and songs, but not on developer enrollment fee payment!
I have opened different ticket on developer support. When I send them the screenshot of my previous orders on Appstore and Itunes with the same payment method and the proof of billing address, they stop answering to my emails anymore!

On your iPhone or any apple device you must download the apple developer app. Link is in the description.
Make sure the card you are going to buy the apple license with is the same card currently linked to your apple id. The card may not be linked to any other apple id. One apple id = one card.
Login to the apple developer app with your apple id and enrol in the apple developer program via the app.
If you encounter a delay of 24 hours, then email apple developer support and tell them your card can buy songs and apps so there is no reason it cannot buy an apple developer license.
If still not approved, follow up by buying a song or an app, and send apple support that snippet of your bank statement proving that your card does in fact work to purchase from Apple.

Same problem here in Brazil. Just waiting for the support to reply :(
I just had that issue myself, and I can't believe this issue is going on for that long! (Israel)
I've bee trying for 2 months with no luck. The support tries to help but to no luck.

This feels like it is done on purpose. With so many people having this issue and not being able to "give apple money" for such a long time, it is hard to believe that they haven't found the issue or informed their support about the situation.
The problem isn't with us, its with Apple itself. The payment page isn't connected to any of payment processors, so they even don't ask for CVV. So in this case they don't have the ability to take your money, that's why everytime we try we get payment authorization problem. Also they don't have numbers to call, for people that can't pay.

SO I FIXED MINE. How?? I had a friend in the UK and he opened a brand new Apple ID within the UK than I added my information with his address and then i paid with his CC. Everything went through in seconds, than Apple contacted through the phone and i confirmed my order. Now is everything good. This is the only way , but not the perfect way. Hope Apple fixes this soon.
@Hellboz I've considered that, but what about in app purchase? Taxes will be a nightmare with that.
This is shameful. For a company of this scale to keep silent about a problem
Sent email to Tim himself, developer support, sale support with no success. All the ways ends to the regional developer support and they don't even try to answer the emails. It's the most wired case that I have seen!

Does anyone have any other emails from the leadership?