Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by Apple Developer Support in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

Posting possible solution that worked for me below.

I also had similar problem for 1 month +, tried to purchase from Web and Developer app, had "Purchasing failed" from both of the platforms.

I tried 2 different solutions for myself, so not sure which one eventually worked for me, but feel free to try both:

Solution 1: For some reason, on my iPhone settings -> click on your name -> Sign-in & Security, my phone number had warning next to it ("This phone number has to have SIM card ....."), not sure why, because i have SIM card on my phone. Fix was to enable iMessage in iPhone settings -> Messages, and enable iMessage.

Solution 2: Initially everywhere i tried to pay with Apple Pay (Wallet app), which always gave me an error "Purchasing failed", i tried removing ALL cards from my Wallet app, so i only had my default payment method left (Which you can add in iPhone settings -> click on your name -> Payment & Shipping), paying through that i finally got Success message.

Wishing you all good luck, hopefully one of the fixes mentioned in this 30+ pages thread will work for you.

Hello! I'm also having trouble processing the credit card. I tried it with different cards from different brands. Apple, please improve this process. Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Is more than two weeks now I made this request... The purchase went through immediately over the web app... but, It still gives me the option to purchase a program. please could somebody here tell me how to solve this issue and how long it take?

also, my Mastercard has still not yet been charged for the purchase

Thanks in advance!

Same here, I`ve been trying for the last 3 weeks or so and nothing, no error. My account is not charged, account that I use for the purchases of icloud. Not sure what else to try.

Very strange payment system. Why up to 2 days? Why not a modern instant payment system that asks for CVC and opens the banks confirmation window if necessary? This isn't the 19th century anymore. Mastercard from first world country doesn't work.

It has been 2 weeks now and still issues. Initially went through the web. The web payment went through 2 days after I tried to enroll, but because they did not use the CVC, my bank returned it because of suspicious activity. I emailed them (as there is no number to call) but they reponded only after 1 week! They said I should submit payment and enroll via the app, which I tried, but the enroll button is greyed out. I mailed them again, and it took ANOTHER week to reply with EXACTLY the same scripted email... I really cannot believe that an organization like apple has this archaic processes and payment systems in place.

We have the same issue here. Trying to purchase a developer program for over 8 months. We tried everything. Using the Developer app (that is so bad that I don't know how it got through review), and different credit cards. Contacting support, which helped previously is now useless. We may get a response once for every third, or fourth email sent... We are running out of options. Does anyone have any ideas?

We have the same issue here. Trying to purchase a developer program for over 3 months. We tried everything. Different Ntbooks, phones, and different credit cards. Contacting support, which never helped and is useless. If they don't want our APPs, just say so! Is a shame that they are considered a great company! Does anyone have any ideas?

Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q