Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

• I also have the same issue and have been trying for 5 months. I have called apple several times and went to my bank several times. The only thing I can do is find someone that has an account already and hope they don't put any virus in my code when its published.

• Eu realmente nao entendo, porque uma empresa tao grande com um problema tao bobo. deveria no minimo ter uma documentacao explicando sobre o problema e como corrigir...

• Hello! I'm also having trouble processing the credit card. I tried it with different cards from different brands. Apple, please improve this process. Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Phone support is always unavailable and you never reply to emails. Why don't you fix this issue ???

• Why you guys don't fix that issue? I'm passing through that pain. Every day I spend more than 1 hour in the phone talking with apple and they don't solve my problem. Apple is a really big company, why they have an so silly problem?

Add a Comment

Replies

Another case from Colombia, South America. I have make payments in all the world with my credit card. Including China, this is not a Bank issue. Take care of your developers apple. This things can cost you a lot in the future.
This is not a bank problem or a location problem. I'm in the US. I've used five different cards, including a debit card -- all US banks and all with plenty of room to make purchases. I was asked on my first support request if I had used the card previously to buy something in the store. If so, I should send them the invoice number. Since i have not, I couldn't do this, but regardless I could not understand why this would matter.

In my second reply from support I was directed to use the Developer app to complete enrollment. From my Mac, I spent an hour installing the Developer app and trying to find a place to enroll, to no avail.

I am starting to think you must have to have purchased an iPhone previously and they use that as verification of your identity or something.
Hello, I have same issue.

I was asked to send successful purchase from Apple in the past by support. I have sent them, but support ignores me. Then I have send them email asking my previous case, senior advisor reply with "use the latest safari, contact your financial institution, bla bla bla... It was clear that my card is not a problem, I have sent them the proof just like they asked but they keep answering in loop with already made copy paste answers. In my case, support is a joke!

I have tried someone's solution from here also, but they did not works for me. I've used solution Apple Developer app enroll link (because in my country enroll button not avail) then next day is canceled. I've used Mac, set payment setting to never require password also got canceled. I've match my Billing info in my Apple ID exactly with the card I was using to enroll also got canceled.

This is literally the worst experience I have ever had with Apple. Really, support is just ignoring me.
Apple, can you please address this issue?

This is really a shame on you!!!

I have been trying multiple times, support do not help. They just repeat every time, literally the same emails and responses.

Call you bank
Check the card
Try with another Apple ID
Try again later
Check billing address
Try another card

NONE OF THEM WORK.

The weird thing is that the website doesn't ask for CVV, how in the name of god will they charge me??!!!

The problem is the Apple System, they do not even try to charge the card. I call the bank they say we received nothing nor blocked anything.

Why is the Developer forum like that, No any Apple Support Guy even knows about it.

I asked why don't give a real answer and surprisingly cough, obviously they said:

"We don't know what causes the problem"

What??!!! In the name of god does this mean?

The weird thing is that you are trying to give them money but they won't even try taking it 🤦‍♂️.
I had same issue with me im trying from last 2 3 month with different cards different countries with different ids with different devices which one apple support ask me but still i cant enroll
I contact with them 100s time they just ignoring and the answer is from apple support ( we cant do anything we are sorry)

I never seen this mich bad and shit service in my life even smallest company have solution but apple dont have solution for this and they are blaming you and bank for all this

Shit service
I did successfully manage to get access to Apple developer program after using 3 cards(from India), 2 cards from USA, a credit card from UK & talking with 20 different customer care executives
This is what I did:
  1. After talking to a lot if customer agents & getting the same response again and again (check with your financial institution), I asked my case to be transferred to a senior customer executive.

2. The first senior executive again told me that nothing can be done and I need to talk to my bank

3. Called up again and asked to be transferred to another senior executive who was open to listen to the issue. She said she will transfer the case to the internal department

4. After 1 day, they created a (fake) purchase on apple store (//secure1.store.apple.com/) & I got an invoice for buying a "Apple Developer Program Enrollment". in a few hours, on the apple website, they could successfully charge 99$ on my Indian card.

5. Next day I got a mail asking for some valid government identification (I gave my passport scan)

6. Immediately after providing the same, I was granted access to apple developer program.

Hope this helps someone :)
I have some issues too. I have tried several cards and banks and have not got any successful result. Support has ignored my requests. I don’t understand why Apple does it. Is it too difficult to answer  support requests?

PS. I see "undefinedundefined" text in "Cost" field on purchase info page every time.
Me too from India. My Card is working with in app purchase but not for Apple Developer Payment.
Guys guys, I just got in the Developer program after experiencing frustration like you guys. The solution I used was using Apple titanium credit card (my thought was that Apple only plays with Apple). Once I used this Apple credit card, the money got deducted and 30 mins later, I got a mail from Apple requiring my ID and I gave them my passport. My account was activated in the same day.

I cant apply for apple titanium credit card since am not an American and dont have the SSN, I asked a friend who is generous enough to let me use his card and it was successful.

Hope this helps, good luck to you guys
We see multitude of issues with our customers. And they started around November 2019. Those who try to enrol anew spend anything between 2 to 8 weeks trying to pay membership fees. Typically only 1 in 10 submissions will work first time.
They have tried everything: new apple ids, existing apple ids with purchase history, credit and debit cards linked to iTunes, cards from different banks - all to no effect. Both private (sole traders) and company enrolments fail. For company enrolments they pass verification calls and allowed to "pay" - sarcasm intended.

Every time after a payment submission comes an email with 'processing of order may take up to 2 business days' and then nothing. No further comms about problems, no attempts to charge the debit or credit card - absolutely nothing.
If they log a query with support via developer's web site, they receive a case number and standard response like this one:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello YYYYYYY,

My name is *** with Apple Developer Program Support. I’m contacting you regarding your recent question.

We have been unable to obtain payment for your recent Apple Developer purchase. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

If you cannot resolve the issue through your financial institution and have received confirmation from Apple that your order could not be completed, you may place a new order using a different payment method. To prevent further issues, please follow these steps:

• Use the latest version of Safari and clear cache and cookies before accessing the payment page.
• Before placing the new order, notify your financial institution that you are expecting a charge from Apple and confirm that your billing information is accurate.
• Be sure to use a payment method that is accepted for developer purchases in your region, as presented during the purchase process.
• Confirm that all payment details match the information on file with your financial institution when submitting the new order.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you have additional questions please feel free to respond to this email.

For your reference, your case is XXXXXXXXXX.

>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a total
****** response because not even an attempt has been made to charge the card.

The same story repeats itself with existing customers who are trying to renew their membership, both for private and company memberships. They submit payments again and again and then nothing happens. Apple support keeps referring to alleged financial institution problems. Meanwhile membership expires and end users are left hanging high and dry, with their apps not renewed and their wallet passes dead.

I myself recently tried to extend my membership for my Russian company's account. Tried with two credit cards - one issued by a Russian bank and another issued by a well-known European bank. Both submissions failed exactly the same way as described above - no attempt to charge any of the cards and no comms from Apple about any problems.

Then in few days I used the same European credit card to extend membership for my European company. And miracle happened! My European card was charged straight away and in 30 seconds my membership has been extended. I thought something must've changed in the global process and I rushed to try to renew my Russian company's membership with the same European credit card. And got the same old story - no attempt to charge the card and as the result - expired membership.

So the payment process at Apple is highly selective by country it seems. In Europe it works like a clockwork. In Russia (and in some other countries, judging by the posts in this thread) it it seriously flawed affecting hundreds of developers, both independent and companies. But more important, it affects hundreds of thousands of their respective customers who cannot get an updated app or functional passes in their Apple Wallet.

It is time for Apple to start listening to groans and moans from the developer's community and fix the problem. It's being long overdue. I appreciate that Apple may be busy with transitioning away from x86 and designing new emojis but without keeping developers and end users happy nothing good will come out in long run.

Thanks for your patience reading such a long post.

I am having the same problem from Viet Nam. Trying to enroll for the past 3 months with 2 different Apple ID. And yes We received the same Email from Apple Support and it 's not working at all. I also contact my Bank and they answer that there 's no payment request from Apple Side. After some emails, the support completely ignore me. This is so bad for IOS Developers.
Same issue here, Central Europe, tried 2 debit cards, 1 credit card from Europe. No luck, nothing, same old story, cancelled after two days
I have the same issue.
But my Apple account has been activated. Do not hesitate to contact Apple support via phone call. It is the best way to resolve this problem.
Good luck!
From Pakistan

I have been trying to enrol Apple Developer Program as well for past 3 months and No Positive Response From Apple Support till Date. :(