New Forums?

All-New Developer Forums

"Connect with over 1000 Apple engineers and learn directly from experts. Redesign coming June 18."

Replies

You're totally getting busted back down to Level 1.

Totally....again.

With any luck, they'll do away w/levels altogether this time.

Are we buying that '+1000 engineers' claim?

• Is it just me or Apple Developer forum is so empty? I just started doing development for MacOS and so far it seems like the forum isn't such a great place to find answers.

Add a Comment

Hey hey, a post in Other > Developer Forums that’s actually about DevForums and not simply lost (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

😉 ...imagine, a perfect world, if just for a moment.

Ok, that's it - break's over, everyone back to work. Let's see some CHAOS out there people.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

My dear friend KMT, incredible that you are still around after all these years ;-) Still remember the last Developer Forum change back then turning it into something almost unusable, pushing good people to giving and searching advise on StackOverflow and elsewhere… I just hope that they did it right this time, maybe it will even work well on mobile devices…

Hey! How you been?

Ah, that's right...mobile support, good point. Let's hope!

Thanks for asking. Alive and kicking. Actually, I am very keen on publishing my very first app on the App Store this year. Really? Yes, I have just been trying to get better since 2008, starting with Apple sample code “Hello World” back then… No joke. 2020 is a very good year for this now, having made the switch to Swift from Objective-c two years ago, now to SwiftUI that I love a lot. By now, Apple has invented pretty much any technology and API that I would need for my project. Excellent. Yes, I know, somewhat late to the party, but still enjoying being around here A LOT ;-) I owe “you guys of the very first hour” a lot, without people like you (and Apple engineers like Eskimo1) I would not have made it so far ;-)

There is a bit about "eligible members can also connect with Apple engineers over WWDC20 content on the forums". This account I'm using now won't be worthy.

I'm pretty sure Jive has been purged from ASC. I used to make some pretty heavy use of latent Jive APIs. I built my own ASC search tool! They slowly closed those off one by one and finally got rid of them all.

They will have to do something to provide virtual WWDC content. The challenge will be that all developers have access, not just developers with the golden WWDC ticket. But maybe this will be a chance to reboot the forums with real developers. Maybe they will come back after WWDC is over. I sure get tired of the "why did apple reject my gambling app for kids that uses bitcoin to circumvent IAP?" questions.

>eligible members

Good point.

Let's hope a WWDC version(?) of the forums lives beyond any golden ticket era. Otherwise, it's back to dogs/ponies.

>I'm pretty sure Jive has been purged from ASC. built my own ASC search tool

10-4, I trust your homework over mine, thanks.

You still as Top 1 user here in the new forum. Look like that only the interface changed.
We're baaccckkkk...
I'm wondering how to use the search field. It appears you can search for tags with [TagName], if you know the tag name. Are there any other operators? For example, can you see posts after a certain date, or posts without any answers, or a marked answer?
Hi, KMT,

Still keeping your nice record ;-)

They did a decent job on mobile devices. It looks so much better on iPad and even iPhones.

We both know that we are hanging around here for more than five years, but never mind ;-)

“Pacific Rim” region, nice…

See you ;-)
Is this new Apple Developer Forum hand-curated by now? Twenty minutes for the approval of an answer? You are getting qicker on this, do you?

See you ;-)
And I would love to see better entry options on the Developer Forums' start page. watchOS is no interesting topic to be dealt with? Oh dear…