Your iOS Distribution Certificate will expire in 30 days

I'm new to Apple Developer and am having difficulty with terminology and location of certificates.

The subject of this post is the email I received from Apple. It says my iOS Distribution Certificate is set to expire. The problem I am having is that all of my certificates are set to expire either in 2016 or 2017, far outside the 30 day window the email is saying. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I also looked Provisioning Profiles > Distribution to no avail.

Replies

Regarding your distribution certificate, once it expires, it simply disappears from the ‘Certificates, Identifier & Profiles’ section of Member Center. If you want to renew it before it expires, revoke the current certificate and you will get a button to request a new one.

Regarding the provisioning profile, don't worry about it before expiration, just keep using it. It's easy enough to just renew it once it expires.

Look in Certificates > Production for a certificate of type "iOS Distribution". Your Distribution Profiles are signed using your Distribution Certificate. To create a new certificate, click the + (above and to right of list) and choose "In-House and Ad Hoc" under Production. Here's the iOS App Distribution Guide.

EDIT: See especially the section "Maintaining Your Signing Identities and Certificates".

EDIT: Also see the section "Distributing Apple Developer Enterprise Program Apps".

I don't have a "+" to click on. I can either download or revoke, and mine expires within 30 days, confused...

Add a Comment
The plus symbol is in a blue circle after the word Certificates at the top of the list on the main Certificates page now. If it isn't there, you might not be assigned to the Admin role.