Upload failure - ITMS-90165

Hello

I've released an IPA to one of our customers who then resign the app using their own certificate.

When thery're trying to upload the re-signed IPA to their account they get an " ITMS-90165" error.

Can anyone help me find our what this error means?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

I got in contact with the team behind Corona and they were increable helpful :-)

Their suggestion was to to check if the embedded.mobileprovision file was corrupt.

The file can be checked using the following command

security cms -D -i BadApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision

The IPA resigned by my customer was indeed corrupt and once they generated a new file everything worked and the app was sumitted to the app store.

So thanks Corona team for the support (even though I'm not using their SDK)

Replies

I'm seeing this, too.

I have an app that I developed using Corona SDK. I recently upgraded to iOS SDK 9.1, and also updated the version of Corona SDK.

The app builds fine, and I can test it out signed with a developer cert.

However, when I go to upload it via Application uploader, I get this error:

ERROR ITMS-90165: ""

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue, did you manage to resolve this?

Are you using Corona?

try rolling back to CoronaSDK 2015.2785.

I know there was an issue in mid Dec regrding this issue that corona devs tried to fix but I don't know if they already released it.

We are not using Corona.

We're not using Corona either.

I got in contact with the team behind Corona and they were increable helpful :-)

Their suggestion was to to check if the embedded.mobileprovision file was corrupt.

The file can be checked using the following command

security cms -D -i BadApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision

The IPA resigned by my customer was indeed corrupt and once they generated a new file everything worked and the app was sumitted to the app store.

So thanks Corona team for the support (even though I'm not using their SDK)

Thank you Henrik, this is very helpful information for us.

When you said your customer generated a new file, did they resign again or they did something else?