error: Embedded binary's bundle identifier is not prefixed with the parent app's bundle identifier. Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier: OYE.Calc-Pro.watchkitapp Parent App Bundle Identifier: calc.tv.com

error: Embedded binary's bundle identifier is not prefixed with the parent app's bundle identifier.

Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier: OYE.Calc-Pro.watchkitapp

Parent App Bundle Identifier: calc.tv.com

I get this when archiving my cross platform app. Any suggestions?

Hello !

Yes ! I had this problem and went through two people in developer support before they asked me to pull the trigger and go through developer tech support , which is a different department. Here is what they said:

"As with all app extensions, the bundle identifier of a Sticker Pack extension must be a unique reverse DNS string that is prefixed with the containing iOS app's bundle identifier. For example, if your iOS app has the bundle identifier com.example.apple-samplecode.myapp, then the WatchKit app's bundle identifier should be com.example.apple-samplecode.myapp.stickerpack. You are receiving a validation error because your sticker pack's bundle identifier does not satisfy this criteria."

So, first notice that when you are in Xcode looking at the General Pane for your project. Notice the " Targets": the app itself signified by the " A" icon made of pencils, also known as " the parent app". Also notice the extension of this app, as signified by the circled "E" icon, AND ALSO KNOWN AS THE " EMBEDDED BINARY". The app and the extension must have different bundle IDs. Moreover, the extension ID is just the appID with something added onto the end, such as " .stickerpack " or whatever.

bundle ID for app

com.yourcompany.yourappname

bundleID for extension

com.yourcompany.yourappname.stickerpack

My problem was that I had made the bundle IDs for the app and the extension the SAME THING. This is incorrect.

You input the bundle ID in the general pane of the app, and you input the bundle ID of the extension in it's general pane.

Simple. Build, archive, validate and upload ! Yay !

I'm having this same issue however I don't see how to change the extention ID! This is for a sticker set! I think this is related to organization identifier also?

I have this problem too. Where do we go to chage the Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier thingie for stickers?

Oh, wait, I SEE---to reach the Embedded Binary thingie go to the DROP DOWN MENU the top of the screen:

Is there any way you could be more descriptive. There are alot of drop down menu options at the top of the screen.

Way to go, you found it, and then gave a super vague explanation for where it is, sure to frustrate everyone with the same problem. Bravo!

I found the dropdown menu mentioned!

There should be a picture, but if it does not work. This community affordances are to **** to even bother

The solution that works is to go to the build settings and set the id manually. In the build setting for product bundle identifier make sure that every config has the same value. Do this by just entering the bundle id manually in that setting and make it the same for all the different configs in the drop down. NO empty spaces especially if it has items for "Any macOs or Ios.

This image is an example. Just force everything to be the same value. For the parent app in this case it would be the same but without the .AU at the end. This example is for AU plugin but will work the same for these kinds of embeds. If you are building and copying the app to applications or somewhere you might want to also uncheck "Copy Only when installing" from the Build Phases/Embed App Extensions section of the main app. This ensures the bundle is copied into the app. For AU plugin you can then just copy the built bundle from Derived data folder to the Applications folder.

error: Embedded binary's bundle identifier is not prefixed with the parent app's bundle identifier. Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier: OYE.Calc-Pro.watchkitapp Parent App Bundle Identifier: calc.tv.com

Q