TestFlight build fails to install

I've uploaded an initial build of my app for TestFlight and enabled it for internal and external testing.

Apple's approval for external testing has already finished.

Before I send it to the real beta testers, I wanted to make sure everything was up and running.

I've tried installing this app via an internal test invite and I've also tried inviting my test account as an external tester. Nothing has succeeded. The install fails right before the progress spinner completes.

First I see [Could not install NAME. | Your request couldn't be completed. Try Again | OK ]

That dialog is quickly overlaid by another: [Unable to Download App | "NAME" could not be installed at this time. | Done | Retry]

Retrying hasn't helped - I've tried this on and off for a few days. And it appears the app installed and ran fine for Apple's internal approver.

Things I've tried already:

- Fully uninstalling any Xcode-based build. (The Xcode-based builds work fine).

- Trying internal or external test invitations.

- Different Internet connections.

I see no relevant logs when I attach the device to Xcode and look at Device Logs. There are no crashes of my app's process (I assume it never got a chance to run).

How do I debug/fix this?

I have the same issue. Some of my builds can't be installed (two dialogs, exactly like you described).

I did a new build and it installed fine (no changes to anything on my end, just incremented the build number)

Now I have the issue again. I have no idea what this is all about. It seemed to start when I changed the deploy version 8.0 (from 7.0).

Ditto here - some builds work, others don't - no change in build process that explains the difference.

At the moment, things are working, so I'm not sure what to do other than "don't touch anything." Unfortunate.

Update: I was able to release a 0.2.10 and 0.2.12 successfully to internal and external beta testers - they could install, everything went well.

But 0.2.14 now gives me this same error. No difference in build process, provisioning, keys, etc.

Any Apple employee here to help?

I just incremented the build number, repushed to TestFlight, and it is working again. That's great, but also disappointing as it means I'm requeued at the beginning of the review queue.

If anyone from Apple would like me to look at logs and such, happy to do so if it helps fix this.

I had the same problem! I downloaded a new version of my provisioning profile, installed it and archived a new build!

Now I have no installation problems with TestFlight any more.

TestFlight build fails to install

Q