xCode stuck on "signing product"

In 10.11, I can't build anything in xCode. It just hangs on the "Signing product" step. This is with the newest xCode 7 beta as well as version 6.3.2.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. It happens to me when building a .app target containing two third-party frameworks (Sparkle and HockeySDK). In the same project I have a different build configuration ommitting the two external frameworks, and that one doesn't hang.

I had the same issue with Xcode 7 beta on my primary Mac (running the current public release of Yosemite). I could fix the issue by checking the "Code Sign On Copy" box next to the frameworks (in this case, also Sparkle) in the Copy Files build phase.

I'm also using external Frameworks (Sparkle, taglib, mp4v2), but the "Code sign on Copy" checkbox has not fixed it for me

I'm experiencing the same hang when building an project that has an app target with one embedded cocoa touch framework, which is also built as a dependency. I'm running the beta 2 of Xcode 7 and Server 5.1 with Xcode server on the same MBP box which is running 10.10.4 release. The raw log file shows what happens after the hang:

CodeSign /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/DerivedData/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/SpotfireFramework.framework

cd /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/Source/Spotfire/SpotfireFramework

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

export PATH="/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Signing Identity: "iPhone Distribution: TIBCO Software, Inc."

Provisioning Profile: "Spotfire Mobile In House"

(xxxxxxxxxx)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign xxxxxxxxxxxxx /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/DerivedData/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/SpotfireFramework.framework

Sampling process 22357 for 10 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between samples

Sampling completed, processing symbols...

Sample analysis of process 22357 written to file /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Integration-11a8d3d5b73a6372f99fb305e4019bae/xcodebuild.sample

sample[25066]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool'; try running with `sudo`.

sample[25067]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'ibtool'; try running with `sudo`.

sample[25068]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'ibtoold'; try running with `sudo`.

** BUILD INTERRUPTED **

----

It just hangs for 5 minutes, then kills the bot because of no activity.

This same project builds perfectly with the same scheme on the same box in Xcode 7 beta 2 with no hangs - it just hangs and fails under Xcode server.

I've tried that "Code Sign on Copy" switch in the Embed Frameworks build phase that others spoke of here. I've tried it on and off. I also tried switching the "Copy only when installing" switch on and off without any effect.

I just installed beta 3 of both Xcode 7 and Server 5. The same hang occurs - no change in behavior:

CodeSign /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/DerivedData/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/SpotfireFramework.framework

cd /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/Source/Spotfire/SpotfireFramework

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

export PATH="/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Signing Identity: "iPhone Distribution: TIBCO Software, Inc."

Provisioning Profile: "Spotfire Mobile In House"

(0f82676b-7dd8-4a63-9e8f-da7a79388a21)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign E000B219A7751C3EA5A4837FFD4B5CF312F4F4AF /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Caches/56b1bc2eb30515c3f99753f43121a783/DerivedData/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/SpotfireFramework.framework

Sampling process 17549 for 10 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between samples

Sampling completed, processing symbols...

Sample analysis of process 17549 written to file /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/Integrations/Integration-98b9cb160fb1b2ee04184d4d93008afe/xcodebuild.sample

sample[20009]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool'; try running with `sudo`.

sample[20010]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'ibtool'; try running with `sudo`.

sample[20011]: sample cannot find any existing process you have access to which has a name like 'ibtoold'; try running with `sudo`.

** BUILD INTERRUPTED **

Problem persists in Xcode 7 beta 4 and Server 5.0 beta 4.

The problem seems to happen for me when the project targets of both the framework and the app have specific provisioning profile and signing identities specified. If instead you set up each project (framework and app) to use auto provisioning (following steps outlined in "Setting up Xcode to automatically manage your provisioning profiles" (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/qa/qa1814/_index.html) to setup the project and targets to use automatic provisioning), the problem disappears.

We were struggling with this all day today. Finally, allowing all applications access to the signing key in Keychain Access did the trick. Here's the StackOverflow solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/22637896/43996

xCode stuck on "signing product"

Q