Can't login after installing beta 3

During installing beta 3 on my Macbook Pro it asked me to change my password which I did.

Then it tried to connect to iCloud but it was not possible. After an hour I had to restart the computer.

Now I can't login to my admin account. After specifying my new password which is accepted it returns to the login screen.

Any ideas how to get pass this step?

Accepted Reply

Found the solution.

Restart in recovery mode and choose to re-install the os.

It takes a while but now I am able to login again

Replies

same issue here, it said icloud and login account cant be same password and to change it. Did that and was accepted and icloud set up properly. restarted the computer and now it wont let me login, it accepts the password but wont login.

I can login to the Guest account but not my main account

Did this in the end - Re: 10.11.2 beta 3 spinning login

Same problem

Found the solution.

Restart in recovery mode and choose to re-install the os.

It takes a while but now I am able to login again

Did you end up losing any data as a result of the recovery? I wondering if this was a clean install or just a re-install to an existing partition?

No data lost and still able to login with the account and password changed during the beta installation. 🙂

It seems to be a "Repair" as everything is left intact.

I can remotely SSH into the machine I have affected, has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling macOS?

When I try to do this is and it begins the installation, it asks me to log in to my Apple ID and says that the item is temporarily unavailable.

The Login-Loop occurs to me when you restart the computer, the first start after the update works fine, also every wake-up-Login works fine! But twice after I restarted the whole computer I had the Login-Loop! Means, I'm gonna reinstall the beta again now ;)

I had this issue too. I just ended up downgrading back to El Capitan on my iMac.

Waste of a Thursday night... I could have gotten ***** but instead spent hours BSing around looking for a solution until I said f it all. :/

@apple-engineer, could someone please help see if there is a workaround without reinstallation please..? this is a great BUG

Reinstalling Mac OS Sierra 10.12 from OS X Recovery helps to fix this issue. No data lost after reinstallation. (Only time lost)

Once I reinstall the problem would occur again after an update to the OS. The recovery installation of the OS is going to get you back to a functional login, but once you update again it will just continue to plague you.

I've been having this issue with the latest GM release as well. I've made a copy of the sierra install from the Mac App Store and have been reinstalling from that each time this is happened (the installer deletes upon installation). It's going on five times now since the GM release. currently reinstalling right now. I've filed our radar for this as well.

Radar filed is 28232487