The archived version number is showing up different than the one in xCode

So I am trying to update my app and I changed my version number from 1.0 to 1.1 and updated my build number to match. Even though the version number appears different in the xCode screen, I archive the app, and it shows that my version number is still 1.0. Then if I try to upload the app to the app store it says that it can't be uploaded because it has the same version and build as the existing app. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know any possible fixes to this problem? thanks

Accepted Reply

So it appears I was updating the wrong part of settings. On the top bar on the left hand side where it says "General Capabilities etc." where it has your app name. I was updating the target with the round E instead of the one with the App Store symbol. Don't really know what the difference is but as soon as I changed the target my archive reflected the new version number.

Replies

So it appears I was updating the wrong part of settings. On the top bar on the left hand side where it says "General Capabilities etc." where it has your app name. I was updating the target with the round E instead of the one with the App Store symbol. Don't really know what the difference is but as soon as I changed the target my archive reflected the new version number.

Very effective help

I had to go into the info.plist file and update the two Bundle fields there. The first value "Bundle version string (short)" is the version number The second value "Bundle version string" is the build number

In the plist, my version number was hard coded, but I found in another project what it should be: build number should be $(CURRENT_PROJECT_VERSION) and version should be $(MARKETING_VERSION)