iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast

Replies

Hi there,I upgraded yesterday from the buttery smooth & stable iOS 13.7 to iOS 14.0.1 on my 7 Plus and I regret doing so.(worst iOS transition so far)
On iOS 13.7 I've had an wonderful experience ,battery got me almost through all the day,89% battery health, now on iOS 14.0.1 battery performance has decreased dramatically, I can see how battery percentage goes down by just looking at my homescreen,it's also warm to the touch during the charge and the charge speed is awful.Hurts so much that you can't downgrade anymore to 13.7(((I really hope these issues will be a priority fix for the coming updates!
I saw a similar bug with my old iPhone 4 and then I realized that they did in purpose. In that case they want to destroy our batteries using new iOS 14 (or 14.0.1) with the idea to need to buy new models. Yesterday my iPhone 11 Pro was working perfectly, today after update is like a toaster, battery drains.... wth apple is doing? BIG MISTAKE FOR A “SERIOUS” COMPANY
Same for me. IPhone 8. After upgrade battery is empty after a couple hours without a lot usage. Battery statistics do not explain this. Pls fix!!!
I am new to this. I upgraded to 14 to enable the UK Covid track and trace app. Like other posters my Iphone SE drains in a few hours of non-use. As I am away from any charging facility all day the failure of communications is a critical safety issue. I will have to purchase an android and I can't see me returning to Apple. Arrogant bastards.
Absolute crap! iPhone xs worked perfectly fine until I made the stupid decision to update to that iOS 14, unfortunately onto my 4th battery replacement in one month, chewing through batteries like no tomorrow...major glitches with a dozen of other problems. so frustrating..catch you up apple! rip offs
Hello,
I am beta tester years now.
I phone owner for last 8 years (several devices) and I think this drain is on purpose.
3 months now they didn’t fix it, there is no excuse. Sent many times feedback about batter drain. They see all those treads and still nothing. That’s why you battery health is falling.
I ve seen new devices and batteries losing health in some months, while older iOS did it in years.
Conclusion:
Many owners will buy new battery and then new phone. Wining from batteries and new devices. All for benefit.
I would advise you to downgrade as long as you can keep your phone.
I will buy android, apple is not respecting customers.
Same here with iOS 14.0.1 & iPhone 6S.
Here we go again ...
Battery drain very noticeable on SE 2020 (14.0.1), even in idle with everything turned off (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular data) and all apps closed it drains 1% per hour, while on iOS 13 it would be 1% per 3 hours or more.

It also drains a lot during usage too, 1 minute of background time receiving a few notifications on Gmail and Slack, drained 5% in 1 hour, it's ridiculous.

None of this was happening with 13.6.1
Yesterday I’ve erased both my iPhone SE 2 and the Apple Watch 3 (both are a few month old). Now the battery of my phone is even worse... With the last 13... update I was able to get more than 5hours screen on time, and now, if I can do 2hours, I’m lucky... And now only until I wrote that comment, I’m 2%of... That’s ******... I need all day battery and I had it before iOS 14. Come on Apple... What’s going on?
Follow up: With any luck, one device that should be safe from battery issues is the upcoming iPhone 12. So guys toss your one year old iphone 11 etc. and buy the latest and greatest iphone 12. Thats what it is all about. Revenue.
I am also somewhat certain this drain is deliberate. Remember, apple was caught red handed a few years ago with the "slowing down old devices" thing. So the logical next step for them is to sabotage the next best thing to frustrate their customers to buy a new phone.

Having used Apple since the model 3g (and having gone through all their tricks) I am seriously reconsidering any future apple products as this kind of bullsh*ttery does not make anyone feel special.
Having the same issue with iOS 14.0.1 on an iPhone XS Max.

Battery drained from 100% to 40% in 15 minutes.

it took 10% of my battery just to read and respond in this thread.

Good times 😐

I have the same problem. Run iOS14 on iPhone7, took me 12-15mins to drain the battery from 67% to 10%. I then "turn off and turn on it again", got it to 24%. It then took ~5mins to get to 10% again.... Very disappointed.
For the Corona Virus app you have to have iOS greater than v13.
I missed that upgrade so had to go to v14.
Downloaded the App.
I only turn on the Bluetooth when out (rarely).
My phone battery is now flat by lunchtime.
It’s so unbelievably crap and I am so cross.

Hi!

My phone is XS Max.
I play 4 hour 20 min with 13.7 and my battery 100% —> 40%.
And now, i play 1 hour 7 minute with 14.01 and battery 100% —> 51%.

Ios 14.01 is bad.