Distribution certificates expiring, will the app still be useable in Test Flight if it expires?

As the title suggests, our distribution certificates are about to expire, and I was wondering what will happen to the current app's we have in Test Flight that our beta testers are using

These are the scenrios I think will happen. Am hoping to get clarification on what will happen:

• Apps loaded and used by testers in Test Flight will they continue to work (like in the app store when a cert/profile expires) until the time left on the Test Flight period expires or we go to upload a new version. I realise if we wanted to update the app's we would renew the certs/profiles.
  • Apps loaded and used by testers in Test Flight will stop working once the distribution certifcate and profile expire (like a development certificate would)

I guess as part of the renewel process I will need to revoke the current certificate, will it render the Test Flight app's no operational?

I am assuming that it will work like an app store, but I not a fan of assuming things, and prefer not to create confusion amoungst our beta users. I also assume that this will work the same as when updating an app store build, where any data stored (NSUserDefaults, CoreData etc) will persist when the certificates are recreated.

Thanks in advance.

When my cert expired in 2015 it did cut off all the testflight users, however this year it had no effect so something changed in the meantime.

Hi,

I have same question, Did you have any luck finding an satisfactory answer to your question?

Distribution certificates expiring, will the app still be useable in Test Flight if it expires?

Q