Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
91k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

Experiencing this here in beta 6 as well. Such a crucial feature sitting this long (since beta 1 if I recall correctly) without so much as a mention does not inspire confidence.

I've reported with feedback and this is the ID: FB8533272

I also attached the sysdiagnose files as was requested of the OP as well.
Same problem here.

macOS 11 Beta 5
Xcode Beta 6
This is still an issue in Xcode 12.0 GM Seed. Here are my Simulator version numbers:
  • Version 12.0 (940.16)

• SimulatorKit 597.13

• CoreSimulator 732.17

When signing in on a Simulator, the progress spinner in the password field shows and never stops spinning. I used the Juice app to repro.
Also not working for me. This is a significant blocker in our development environment

XCode 12 (12A7209)

Simulator
Version 12.0 (940.16)
SimulatorKit 597.13
CoreSimulator 732.17
This is also a significant blocker in our development and I have tested Apple Sign In. There's no way to see any errors since the activity indicator seems to hang and the console doesn't indicate any Authentication/Authorization errors.

About Xcode
Version 12.0 (12A7209)

About Simulator
iPhone 8+ (iOS 14) [Works on iOS 13]
Version 12.0 (940.16)
SimulatorKit 597.13
CoreSimulator 732.17
Same problem here

About Xcode
Version 12.0 (12A7209)

About Simulator
iPhone 11 (iOS 14) [Works on iOS 13]
Version 12.0 (940.16)
SimulatorKit 597.13
CoreSimulator 732.17
Hi @ukaton , any solution or tips ?
Now Xcode 12.0 is released and the issue is still here. Are we really expecting Apple support to take care of this?
Have exactly the same issue (even with Xcode 12).
Hope this will be solved soon as this is a really huge blocker.
I confirm too that it is still happening with the XCode 12.0 release...
I'm very concerned that this has been going on for some time. I just recently updated to Xcode 12.0 and now I can't use apple sign in anymore. It just hangs, I'm in the middle of incorporating apple sign in as it's a requirement in my app and now I can't make any progress either.
I have had the same experience. I think the problem is specific to iOS 14.

This is as far as I went testing Apple Sign In using the 'Juice App'.
  • Running on simulator iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14. FAILED

• Running on simulator iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.5. SUCCESS

• Running on device iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14. FAILED

• Running on device iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.7. SUCCESS

Note that there have been absolutely no changes in the source or project configuration.

All failing on the same step. i.e when device is authenticating my credential. The spinner spinning indefinitely.

I only have two iOS devices. I hope someone else can expand on this result further for the benefit of everyone affected
The only success I've had testing Apple Sign In with Xcode 12 and iOS 14 is to use a real device with a sandbox environment. I tested with an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14 installed.
I can confirm this issue on Xcode 12.0
I ran into the same issue today. Xcode Version 12.0 (12A7209). Simulator Version 12.0 (940.16)