Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
91k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue with Xcode 12 and ios 14. Anyone have any ideas?
Yes i tested and sign with apple not working in iOs 14 simulator and device as well and due to this issue apple rejected my app.

Apple please resolve this issue because users faced this issue in my application

Thanks
I can confirm my app has been rejected due to this issue.
An App I'm working on was rejected for this as well. The code was working fine in iOS 13, but now Sign In With Apple is unresponsive in iOS 14. The typical SIWA sheet slides up from the bottom, but when the user submits their info none of the Sign In With Apple code is firing off.

I had to remove Sign In With Apple capabilities and re-submit for now.
I'm seeing the same problem too. I'm using iOS 14 and Xcode 12.
Same issue for me as well. Xcode 12.0.0 and iOS 14. Activity wheel will keep spinning but no changes afterwards.
Same problem here. Infinitely turning wheel on Sign In With Apple after entry of password on Xcode 12.
My app was also rejected for this problem and I have been trying to find out the cause for 3 days now and I realize that the problem is in Apple Signin with the update of IOS14 or Xcode 12. Apparently the problem has existed for a long time and apple has not yet solved ?
Having exactly the same problem, I thought it was something wrong with my App, after spents hours. can't figure it out and it was all working fine in iOS 13.7 with iphone SE/8 simulators. but not in iOS4 .

Please help fix this issue.
Have the same problem here. Working fine in iOS 13.5 but not working in iOS 14.

Forced to implement Sign in with Apple and now my app is rejected because of this issue. Any solution for this issue?
How can your apps be rejected by this? It's working on live devices.
Same here... tried Xcode 12.0.0, 12.0.1 and beta 12.2.0. Sign in with Apple works fine on real device but it was rejected because apparently it does not work on iOS 14. Their "Juice" app does not work as well on iOS 14 simulator.
While developing the Sign in With Apple feature, I discovered that the methods in the delegate ASAuthorizationControllerDelegate are not called in some cases on iOS 14.
Workaround:

Downgrade the ios simulator:

First install xcode-install gem:
gem install xcode-install
When check what iOS simulators are available:
xcversion simulators
Install desired simulator i.e:
xcversion simulators --install='iOS 13.5'

Use the ios 13.5 version to test and develop the apple sign in.

Than set the iOS Deployment Target to 13.5

Test your application with the apple sign in, upload, submit for review. And thats it, there will be no problem with the review.
@meszaroslaszlo
Won't they still reject the app with the reason "does not work on iOS 14"?
I did actually already set deployment target to be lower than 14.