Big Sur and Sidecar

I dont use Sidecar frequently, but just noticed after my upgrade that my iPad Pro 11 is no longer visible as a target for my Macbook Pro (late 2016). Both are running the Beta 1 (Big Sur on Macbook, and iPadOS 14). Anybody else experiencing this?

Replies

Same issue. Upgraded to Big Sur and my iPad Pro (11-inch) (2nd generation) running iOS 14.1 is no longer visible to my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019). My iPad Pro (10.5-inch)running iOS 14.1 is still able to connect. Yes, bluetooth is on. Both are connected to same wifi network. AirPlay is on. Same Apple ID is logged in to both. Yesterday on Catalina, worked just fine. Now on Big Sur, the 2nd gen pro is not recognized.
Hi, Having a problem as even in notification my iPad does not come up as screen mirroring. I use this a lot and really miss it as it stops from going to office. TIA Paul
Still have the same problem!!!
Just updated the big sur, at first, my mac cannot find my iPad. After i re-logged in the iCloud on my mac, it can find my ipad but cannot connect!!!!!!!

MBP 2019, big sur
iPad 2019, ipad OS14

please fix this ASAP!!!!!!
I downloaded Big Sur yesterday and have been dealing with this annoying problem for the last hour. I'm not very sure this fix will work for everyone but it's the last thing I tried and it randomly started working. 2018 MBP (Big Sur official), iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen (14.2).
  1. Go to iPad bluetooth settings and connect to MacBook through Bluetooth.

2. After this my iPad Pro 3rd Gen showed up but gave error when trying to connect to Sidecar.

3. I disconnected MacBook Pro from the iPad bluetooth settings.

4. Restarted MacBook.

5. On restart iPad Pro still showed in display settings and when I went to connect it worked.

My only guess is that by connecting the two machines through the iPad bluetooth settings it somehow allows the MBP to recognize the device in other ways. Good luck!
  • Connecting both machines via bluetooth finally worked for me, but only when I had the bluetooth settings window open on both machines at the same time. Otherwise, the two machines refused to see the other even with them openly searching. Good luck, All!

Add a Comment
Type 'sidecar' into the search function and the control appears on screen.
Any solution? Still have the same problem with iPad and Sidecar on my MacBook 16' after the official release of Big Sur. Yesterday with Catalina this worked just fine.
After logging out and back into icloud I got the ipad back in the sidecar but was not able to connect - but a restart of the mac made it work...thank you - I like the new easier place in the control panel - I will be using this much more, especially when I get the new M1 chip that does not support more than one external display...
Same here. iPad Pro is connected via cable and Bluetooth. It all worked fine with Catalina until the Big Sur Update. Now there is no sidecar device to be found.

I had same issue, but seem to have gotten it to work again.
I just LOGGED OUT from icloud on the mac, and immediately logged back in.

Its working for me.
Change your icloud password. After that sidecar worked as normal
Try this:
  • Connect your iPad to your iMac/MBP/MB/etc using a lightning cable.

• Open Finder, click on your iPad's name.

• Click Trust on the iMac/MBP/MB/etc

• Tap Trust this Computer on your iPad and enter your PIN as required.

• Open the Sidecar preference pane.

Your iPad should be available as a Sidecar device.

Same problem, used Sidecar every day. Updated to Big Sur 11.0.1 and now MACbook Pro 2019 with Touch Bar doesn't detect iPad Pro 9.7 inch MLQ64LL/A Software Version 14.2 it works using Duet app but not on SideCar.
It worked after I reseted the networks settings on the iPad.
APPLE!! Please fix this bug!!! The main reason I bought the iPad was to use it as a second monitor when I travel - this is extremely inconvenient! I've tried everything recommended in the comments and nothing has worked.
Yay, it's happening to me too ! I'm really upset because I use sidecar all the time for working on my thesis. I am scared of unlogging from iCloud on both of my devices since I've got everything set up though it, on the cloud. I'm scared to lose something. Please please just fix this issue ASAP !