Big Sur and Sidecar

I dont use Sidecar frequently, but just noticed after my upgrade that my iPad Pro 11 is no longer visible as a target for my Macbook Pro (late 2016). Both are running the Beta 1 (Big Sur on Macbook, and iPadOS 14). Anybody else experiencing this?

Replies

same problem!

Also seeing this issue.

Relevant details:

MacBook Pro // Big Sur 11.0 Beta (20A5323l)
iPad Pro 11" (2020) // iOS 13.5.1

thank you
I have the same problem on the latest betas beta4
Same on 11.0 Beta (20A5343j) and iOS 14.0 (18A5342e)
Hi
I have the same problem in iPad Pro
Mac os Big sur beta 4 doesn't help.
I think stable version will support side car

Same issue. On beta 4 as well.
Same issue here!
Just updated to Big Sur beta 5, and problem continues.
I have this same issue.
Still same issue! Big sur with iPad OS 14 Beta 7 (b)
I found that in some programs like the device's simulator of Xcode, you can move it to the iPad, activating the Sidecar function. So the sidecar function works but I don't understand why is not yet available in the finder...
Also you can activate in Configuration --> Screens --> AirPlay Screen (click on it) Select iPad
9/17/20 just finally was able to download Big Sur this morning and immediately went to use side car for work like usual but the mirroring options are different/gone don't see my ipad pro listed like normal.
bummer.
I have the same issue you described.
macbook air
ipad pro 11
on os 14 on the pad and big sur on the macbook air
but....
did find it under Sys. Pref.>sidecar

The controls for Side Car are now located in the "Screen" section of the new Control Center. It does seem a bit fragmented because the display settings control is still available without it. But see attached screenshot.
Same problem. Works on matching hardware running 10.15.5.
Sidecar not working on release version Big Sur and IpadOS! My mac not see Ipad (on Catalina everything worked good)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
Version MacOS 11.0.1 (20B29)

Ipad 10.2 (2019)
Version IpadOS - 14.2
  • same issue! anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Add a Comment