iOS 14 Significant Impact to battery life.

I’ve noticed a significant impact to the battery life of my 11 Pro since installing iOS 14. I would average approximately 15 to 20% remaining end of day With average use. Post install I’m seeing between five and 10% remaining end of day.

Average use is approximately 5 to 6 hours per day with non-charge time of 10 to 14 hours.

It’s also safe to note that I’ve noticed a significant increase in the heat output of the back of the phone since installing iOS 14. Enough to become discomfort while in pocket.

Replies

same issue here, I have an iPhone 11, I upgraded to ios 14 on Saturday and was everthing is fine, but two days ago my iPhone started heat a lot and the battery was drain so fast. I checked the battery status and shows the health app is on 93% of usage but I don't use it. I check the storage and the health app was "11,02 PB". Not GB, but "PB"?!?!
Also experiencing same issues. Gets so hot it’s uncomfortable to hold. Battery charge is drastically different since installing update. I’ve put it on low battery mode, turned off location services and background app refresh on all apps, switched to lowest brightness setting, force quit all apps after each use. Despite these efforts, battery went from 100% charge at 8am to 40% charge at 6pm. My phone is under a year old. Functionality of phone has completely changed in a matter of hours after installing iOS 14. This is bait and switch. I shouldn’t have to sacrifice the normal functionality of my phone just to keep the charge for a 12 hour period.
Has anyone found a solution to the excessive heat from the battery? I can’t even charge my phone because it gets so hot. I have to unplug it because it gets so hot and then it looses battery life... When I say hot I mean it’s all most unbeatable to hold it. I asked my son to hold my phone not even thinking and he asked me if I was trying to burn him on purpose!! Not a good thing when you work in healthcare and have to rely on your cell phone...
My battery performance being down from 97% to 93% immediately after installing ios 14.1
Ever since the update I had the same problems as well. Re-occurrence of overheating also resulting to slower app interface, battery life significantly decreased even though there's limited usage, and very significant decrease in charging speed. Before the update, it takes me just 2-3 hours to fully charge. But after the update, it took me 5-6 hours to fully charge.

Please help me with these issues. Hopefully this "bug" can be fixed ASAP.
I'm having the same issue and now my Iphone won't even turn on. It won't charge. I'm taking it to Apple tomorrow but they mentioned a $100 charge. This is unacceptable. My phone was working perfectly fine before I updated it.
Im on my promax I have to charge 2 times a day now and have to place my phone on the aircon of my car at times now.. FIX this update please pissing everyone that I know. Im thinking of going back ti android if this continues.
Same here lost 40% in under an hour this morning and phone is VERY hot. FIX THIS APPLE!
Same here. I have no widgets and this thing heats up like no tomorrow.

I have not added new apps or downloaded anything since the upgrade.

very poor performance. Does Apple Unit testing only test with app free iPhone?
Same here. I loose my charge within few hours, cannot charge past 80% and can barely even touch the phone for heat. I had to stop using back covers. This is still happening after 3-4 days of update. I tried doing a reset including content and that was no help either.

Currently I have to always keep my low power mode on to use the phone.
Amazing. iPhone XR battery became much better. After 14.0 release
I just upgraded to 14.0.1 Iphone SE (5) and my phone is extremely hot. Never had this issue before. Solutions?
Mine gets extremely hot as well!
Eats the battery as well.
Was not ever an issue until the update...
I have iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone 11 and it’s also getting extremely hot and not cooling off even when the screen is not on and I’m not charging. Sometimes just listening to music with the screen off.

my partner has iOS 14.0.1 on his iPhone XR and is also having heat issues with his phone.
Since installing 14.0.1 my phone is running SO SLOW.
I am also having major battery issues. I am an Uber driver and have my Uber app as well as I tunes on for most of the day. I usually only have to recharge once, maybe twice if working a very king day. I am now having to plug my phone up while not long after starting to work. For several days I thought my phone must nit have charged very well the night before but now after this has happened EVERY day I knew it had to be something else. Now I see it must be the iOS.
I hate using my phone while it’s charging but have no other option now.