iOS 14 Significant Impact to battery life.

I’ve noticed a significant impact to the battery life of my 11 Pro since installing iOS 14. I would average approximately 15 to 20% remaining end of day With average use. Post install I’m seeing between five and 10% remaining end of day.

Average use is approximately 5 to 6 hours per day with non-charge time of 10 to 14 hours.

It’s also safe to note that I’ve noticed a significant increase in the heat output of the back of the phone since installing iOS 14. Enough to become discomfort while in pocket.

Replies

I’m having the same problem, when I was with iOS 13 I could use all day my iPhone 11, meanwhile with beta iOS 14 in o ly 40 min it drained almost half of my battery
I too am having the same problem, I am running the most recent IOS 14.0 update on my XS Max and have noticed a significant loss of battery life throughout the day. Also I have noticed my phone tends to radiate an excessive amount of heat when doing things on my phone that would usually not cause any amount of heat to come from my device - such as scrolling through social media or reading a book. I had an overheat warning from my device yesterday whilst reading a book, which made my device unusable until it had cooled down. Baring in mind I was sat indoors out of direct sunlight in a room that was maybe touching 18 Celsius. Just writing this comment my phone has started to produce heat and reduce the brightness.
Remove widgets from your Home Screen and your battery and heating issue should stop. It worked for me! Best of luck
  • Theo x

Same issue with beta 6. Video calling specially facetime and pip mode overheats the phone and alows down the system to a crawl
My iphone xr is heating like it never did before by normal use after ios14,what should I do?

Same “heating up” issue on my 11 Pro Max too. I’ve turned off widgets from all my screens, phone still heats up when I watch video or scroll for too long.

it’s happening with Facebook, YouTube and also applications rendering and updating maps like Grab and Google Maps.

Battery is dying quicker than the 1.5 day it ran before the update. I have same usage as before, perhaps forcing myself to scroll less.
I’m having the same issue but I haven’t done anything to change my Home Screen. I’m averaging approximately 1% a minute of drain if I’m using my phone in any way. 10% an hour if it’s sitting idly with nothing running. Any fixes for this? I regret updating, which has never been the case before in my 8+ years of iPhones.
Same issue as well. My 11 Pro Max is hot to touch when using and battery drains extra fast.
Before the upgrade with one single charge it will last one whole day of usage, after the "upgrade" a single charge only last till after lunch and a 2nd charge is need to last to end of the day.
Quite Frankly deeply disappoint with the upgrade.
On Iphone XR.

im getting the same issue. I dont have apps open. I leave the phone down for 2-4 minutes and then my battery life checks at 80 while not being used. Then my phone is forever overheating. Even when the phone is charging it’s still overheating
Ever since downloading the IOS 14 update a couple days ago on my IPhone 11, my phone also gets hot to touch quickly and the battery drains at a drastically increased rate.
  • 20% battery per night on ios14. Usually it was 1-2% on ios13. 11pro. Battery usage shows screen always on. Phone doesn’t sleep.

The problem occurs with me too. The device becomes very warm and reduce the brightness.
That the brightness is reduced is the biggest problem for me.
Same issue here. Upgraded to IOS 14 yesterday and left it overnight for 6 hours and the battery dropped 15%. In previous version, it was just around 1-2% for the same period of time. My device is iPhone 11 pro max.
Fixed. On 14 reset to factory, restored from icloud. Updated to 14.0.1. No battery problem. 1% per night. Thx apple for fast fix.
My phone’s battery dropped 40% on a 36 minute call.